ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

Sorry for jumping into this thread with a question but it seems most people here are knowledgeable about ToneBoosters.

I have some ToneBoosters plugs, including older barricade, reelbus, etc. I love them. When I open the website I can't see if there are any special upgrade prices to the latest version, or I have to pay full price for the newer versions? 30EUR / plug is not too much anyway but I am just being curious.

Cheers!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

The tape hiss is a result of the tape moving along the playback head. On a real tape recorder, stopping the tape means that the hiss will stop as well. There might be some noise resulting from electronic circuitry that continues after a tape stop but that's not the purpose of the tape hiss simulation in ReelBus ;-)

Seems stop the 32 bit ones!!! :-O

If they've stopped their 32 bit plugins, then I've stopped using them.

Turello wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:13 am Seems stop the 32 bit ones!!! :-O
They're still available, but not (assumed, being developed and) included in the latest installers, that's all.

Latest update (Nov 24th 2018) is 1.2.2 and contains 64 bit only; downloads for 1.2.0 and prior contains 32 bit plugins as well as 64 bit.
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Yes, but means they will likely never be updated. Have shot Jeroen an email...

Just out of curiosity: why do you hang on to 32 Bit?

I‘m personally on the opposite end of the spectrum, I was so glad about the improvement my switch to 64 Bit made in 2011 that I don’t have any arguments for 32 Bit myself. Is it other software or hardware in your case?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Maybe because they sound more "vintage" cause they are older...

medienhexer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:57 am Just out of curiosity: why do you hang on to 32 Bit?
Not out of choice, although I don't think there's anything inherently "wrong" with 32 bit, it still works fine and sounds the same. :) My main audio software is Audiomulch, has been since the last millennium. Not been updated in five years, and no 64 bit version. :( Been requesting it from the dev for years, but at this stage doesn't look like it's happening, so am considering making the full jump to REAPER when I have to. Been using it the last year and digging it, but it's no Mulch replacement. But more and more devs are ditching 32 bit, so it's on the cards.

Got an email back from Jeroen, he said the 32 bit plugs will remain available and supported, but am guessing that means no updates. I think there's a lot of pressure coming from Microsoft, Steinberg and Apple etc., to ditch 32 bit completely.

medienhexer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:57 am ...
Although probably specific for mastering, you'll still find older but (perfectly stable) mac/pc's even in high-end studio's.

Usually there for simple playback with maybe 1-2 plug-ins if needed or other (internet) business use.

ATN69 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:20 am Sorry for jumping into this thread with a question but it seems most people here are knowledgeable about ToneBoosters.

I have some ToneBoosters plugs, including older barricade, reelbus, etc. I love them. When I open the website I can't see if there are any special upgrade prices to the latest version, or I have to pay full price for the newer versions? 30EUR / plug is not too much anyway but I am just being curious.

Cheers!
I would also like to know if upgrades are no longer available (and why). What is more: it seems not clear if 32 bit plugin versions will be reincluded in the new versions (one of my hosts is 32 only, but I would like to continue to use it). Djeroen?

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am Yes, but means they will likely never be updated. Have shot Jeroen an email...
At least the latest updates are available in the Portable ZIP package. They are only missing from the .exe installer.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It just downloaded the latest (1.22) portable/ZIP package. There are no 32 bit versions included (as they used to be)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm
medienhexer wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:57 am Just out of curiosity: why do you hang on to 32 Bit?
Not out of choice, although I don't think there's anything inherently "wrong" with 32 bit, it still works fine and sounds the same. :) My main audio software is Audiomulch, has been since the last millennium. Not been updated in five years, and no 64 bit version. :( Been requesting it from the dev for years, but at this stage doesn't look like it's happening, so am considering making the full jump to REAPER when I have to. Been using it the last year and digging it, but it's no Mulch replacement. But more and more devs are ditching 32 bit, so it's on the cards.

Got an email back from Jeroen, he said the 32 bit plugs will remain available and supported, but am guessing that means no updates. I think there's a lot of pressure coming from Microsoft, Steinberg and Apple etc., to ditch 32 bit completely.
You use an obscure 32 bit DAW for serious mastering? That's a first. Pro Tools, Sequoia and Nuendo are what I'd normally expect.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yes, and I have been, (extremely successfully I might add), for over a decade. If you'd read my post you quoted, you'd also know I've been trialling REAPER for a year, and am considering switching most of my mastering work to it in future, precisely due to the fact that there haven't been any Mulch updates for over half a decade now, but there I go repeating myself...

Why, what's it to you? Not really sure about your angle/the "serious" jibe/the need for your post.

Return to “Effects”