ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

acousticglue wrote:yeah i wish more devs gave color scheme choices like this because what is easy on old eyes one day is not the next
Also, it can be conducive to productivity to colour-match your clothes to your studio gear. Now, at least I have plugins that can match my Persimmon-coloured, corduroy, studio trousers :tu:

bungle wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
bungle wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:There is a middle ground between extreme minimalism and skeuomorphism/photorealism :tu:
No there isn't ;)
See what i did there ?
Tried to argue for the non-existence of grey? :shrug:
bungle wrote:All of this is just a single opinion from a single user
I'm not the only one who thinks that some usability has been lost in the new iterations
bungle wrote:a developer that is sound first, bling second.
Another user who get's his ui mixed up with his gui. This has nothing to do with bling, Son :roll:
What a tool !
You should have just insulted me in the first place, and saved the effort to straw-man, misrepresent the facts, and misrepresent my position. I felt my response quite appropriate, given all of that. But I did respond to your points, rather than just insult you :shrug:

acousticglue wrote:yeah i wish more devs gave color scheme choices like this because what is easy on old eyes one day is not the next
Also when I get stuck in a rut on a song in Ableton, sometime I'll change the color theme and it helps me move in a new direction - f'reals.

I like the TB4 graphics in general but wish the default text size was a bit larger, I don't like having to scale just to have readable text. IMO Valhalla is the only dev who's gotten this consistently right.

It's already updated with some FR from here, presets with old "glue" and new saturation models . Wow!
Also - those narrow strips are really not that narrow - you simply got to click on the label (fe. "saturation" etc.) and move your mouse up/down. So in fact strips are quite wide.
I very much love the new GUIs, but everyone has different taste.

When you put both delays to 100% amount and full volume, add flanger, and change parameters in real time (of course no clicks in v4) - instant drone machine :) added bonus.

Manual could go more into detail for example what Spectrum exactly is etc, but hey - we've got our ears :)

All in all - I'm very satisfied!

Thank you ToneBoosters!

I bet compressor will be next :)

v4 plugins should be removed from the v3 download and offered as a separate bundle, say 149 euros, including all future v4 plugins.

shkr wrote:It's already updated with some FR from here, presets with old "glue" and new saturation models . Wow!
I just downloaded the "latest" installer (I think), and I don't see those "old/new" presets...

shkr wrote:Also - those narrow strips are really not that narrow - you simply got to click on the label (fe. "saturation" etc.) and move your mouse up/down. So in fact strips are quite wide.
Thanks for pointing that out. :tu:

I'm starting to get over my fixed mindset and appreciate this more...

bungle wrote:
bungle wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:There is a middle ground between extreme minimalism and skeuomorphism/photorealism :tu:
No there isn't ;)
See what i did there ?
Tried to argue for the non-existence of grey? :shrug:
bungle wrote:All of this is just a single opinion from a single user
I'm not the only one who thinks that some usability has been lost in the new iterations
bungle wrote:a developer that is sound first, bling second.
Another user who get's his ui mixed up with his gui. This has nothing to do with bling, Son :roll:
What a tool !
You should have just insulted me in the first place, and saved the effort to straw-man, misrepresent the facts, and misrepresent my position. I felt my response quite appropriate, given all of that. But I did respond to your points, rather than just insult you :shrug:
The entire toolbox !!
Duh

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathByGuitar wrote:I know who the man is and am familiar with his credentials. I absolutely am in no way disputing his expertise in anything audio related and all of my interactions with him have been nothing but pleasant. I'm not trying to attack his character or credibility. But allow me to elaborate on what I said previously:

When I said that he was "rippping off FabFilter" (which I could see how that might sound a bit harsh in hindsight) , I'm ONLY referring to the floating rectangle in the EQ 4 UI that both looks and functions very similarly to FabFilter's Pro Q2.
Oh that! My bad, yeah, he totally ripped that off. So did the Tracktion plugins as well.

It's kinda weird how personally you're taking a discussion on EQs. I stand corrected, Tracktion also has an EQ with rotary knobs in it. Still obscures the view, still dumb.

Wow that Traktion EQ is sexay :love:

MogwaiBoy wrote:Wow that Traktion EQ is sexay :love:
Agreed. I like how colorful it is. Too bad you can't buy it separately.

Just updated Reelbus to v4.01 and it loads up as 4.00. Win 64 VST2

mutantdog wrote:Just updated Reelbus to v4.01 and it loads up as 4.00. Win 64 VST2
Odd, it's working fine and showing 4.01 for me...

Return to “Effects”