RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

This may very well be my Black Friday purchase. Will be downloading the demo and giving it a shot tonight :) But it will be competing with things i "should" buy instead (I have a lot of synths) but this is pretty interesting.

serious question!
besides it gets NFR even if you are 1st hand buyer which is crap, does it have anything more/different (yeah sound i know and workflow :P) than AVENGER?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

MrBauer wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:35 pm
MrBauer wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 pmAnother question: are there any plans in "opening" up Rapids architecture for full samplerate support? So far Rapid seems to downsample everything to 44.1 or 48!? And it also produces only output in that range.
Just asking this again and also I'd like to know if it is still NFR?
Yes, imported content will be downsampled to 44.1. Higher internal sample-rates are not planned for now. It's NFR, but as a compensation you get all future updates for free. Like the big UI improvement in 1.5. Or the upcoming new effects in 1.6. Where 'others' would have called it Rapid V2 and charged you 50 bucks for an upgrade :ud:
shonky wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:31 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 pm Nice, always wanted it!
The bigger questions now is - do I really need it? ;) :D
Was asking myself the same thing. In terms of wavetable synths, I already have Massive, Europa and Icarus, as well as Arcsyn, Harmor and Thorn which cover similar territory, albeit not strictly wavetable.
In the end, it's your decision. As a little push, our customer feedback is: Rapid is easy and fun to use, but still very expansive if you take your time. Compared to the mentioned products you get at least one feature that's missing for each. Plus multi-samples and layers and complex FX chains due to the send-fx capabilities. But maybe you don't need that - Then it's fine :D

In the end, it's your decision. As a little push, our customer feedback is: Rapid is easy and fun to use, but still very expansive if you take your time. Compared to the mentioned products you get at least one feature that's missing for each. Plus multi-samples and layers and complex FX chains due to the send-fx capabilities. But maybe you don't need that - Then it's fine :D
I shall continue demo-ing, it is a very nice synth and you've definitely done a great job on it so will reward your effort with some more of mine ;)

So far today I've decided not to bite on Late Replies, UVI's relayer and Crusher-x so it's still on the "maybe" list.
Last edited by shonky on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After demoing for a while, there is really not much left I could wish for (knowing that my number 1 wish - oscillator cross-FM - is already being worked on). Still, here's my list of random ideas/requests:
  • Band-reject filter, i.e. a HP and LP (12 or 24 db/oct) filter in parallel, with cutoff separation controlled by a "width" parameter. So, kind of the complementary filter to the already existing "Multi bandpass" filter
  • Possibility to change custom wavetable/multi-sample parameters (e.g. root note) later on after import
  • .flac import
  • Hide empty mod slots
  • Allow to filter mod slots by source or destination (maybe via right-click context menu on parameter knobs/source buttons)
  • A Dimension Expander effect: from my tests, it sounds like "Chamber" is already very similar, *except* it isn't mono-compatible, like DimExp is and thus leads to comb filter artifacts when summed to mono. So what I suggest is to add a "Stereo" parameter (range 0% - 200%) to Chamber which behaves as follows: 0% = mono, 100% = full stereo (the current behavior), 200% = "super stereo", meaning the effect signal is pushed into the side signal, so that the output summed to mono would fully cancel out the effect signal (same behavior as DimExp).

After demoing a few more synths, think I'm going to give Avenger a miss (if it does eventually go on sale), and get Rapid and Ana 2 on Friday, so there goes my no more WT synths rule :)

Is there anything especially compelling about Rapid that sets it apart from, e.g. Falcon, Serum, Massive, Largo, Dune 2, etc.?

It gets a big plus for having a resizeable GUI and multiple themes.

I read through the feature set. It looks like a good workstation synth with many capabilities. The sale price is pretty good for the feature set... man I just have SO many plugins.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

is rapid just for trance music or is it something usable for todays edm production?

can you import for example 2 or 3 wav samples and layered and modified them to make new thick sound?

if i buy now with 45% off there will not be sale for christmas like 65% off ??? (that would be really ripp off for customers)

parawave wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:53 pm Yes, we started our Black Friday sale.
45% OFF on RAPID and 25% OFF on every RAPID XT.

Future Strike XT coming soon?

wow that's cheap!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 am is rapid just for trance music or is it something usable for todays edm production?

can you import for example 2 or 3 wav samples and layered and modified them to make new thick sound?

if i buy now with 45% off there will not be sale for christmas like 65% off ??? (that would be really ripp off for customers)
I think 45% is generally the best discount I've seen so wouldn't expect it to be less around Christmas. It can definitely do trance, but it's capable of doing far more than plucks, arps and supersaws. I would definitely demo first, there's a lot of potental.

i just demo it but cant see option to load own samples, wav, wavetables....can confirm if this is possible?

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am i just demo it but cant see option to load own samples, wav, wavetables....can confirm if this is possible?
Yes it's possible.

From their website:
- Wavetable Import.
- Multi-Sample Import.
- Resynthesis Import.

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am i just demo it but cant see option to load own samples, wav, wavetables....can confirm if this is possible?
Search for samples import on the same channel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tty2Hwi8d2A

deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 amcan you import for example 2 or 3 wav samples and layered and modified them to make new thick sound?
Yes it's possible to import content. Even in the demo. You just have to create an user library first.

It's mentioned in the manual at:
https://parawave-audio.com/public-downl ... 6.9%2C0%5D
Creating a new library. Click on the menu button labeled "LIBRARY" in the bottom left corner of the Sound Library browser and select New. Enter a name for your new user sound library, which will be used for the new file directory and the entry in the browser list.
deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 amis rapid just for trance music or is it something usable for todays edm production?
Listen to some of our showcase on YouTube. Everything is made with Rapid, and there already a lot of different genres represented. https://www.youtube.com/c/parawaveaudio-com
deejay2 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:32 amif i buy now with 45% off there will not be sale for christmas like 65% off ??? (that would be really ripp off for customers)
No, this will definitely not happen. It's the best discount you get in the next months or maybe even until next year.
karrikuh wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 pm After demoing for a while, there is really not much left I could wish for (knowing that my number 1 wish - oscillator cross-FM - is already being worked on). Still, here's my list of random ideas/requests [...]
Some nice ideas you got here. Definitely noted. The band reject is a good suggestion.

Return to “Instruments”