Zynaptiq Adaptiverb released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Adaptiverb Colored Spaces for Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

weird. i was able to load/authorize adaptiverb but now cannot use other ilok soft dongle plug ins..

tried the ilok authorizer app and it said "a component is missing if rebooting does not solve this.. blah blah blah"

wtf.

why can't they get this shit together.

also, bought via jrr shop using the coupon code 'forum' for the discount.

but wtf ilok!!!

Two things to try 1) reboot and 2) install the latest iLok stuff over the top.That sequence fixes pretty much all issues we've seen with iLok so far. If NOT please email me with your iLok ID so I can get PACE on the case.

My best guess is that a PACE component failed to relaunch after install. That does happen. It's actually IIRC not PACE but some OS level issue, FWIW.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Actually it seems to be an additive (re-)synthesizer, probably somewhat similar to the reverb in NI's Razor.
One part is a resynthesizer, yes. The BIONIC SUSTAIN SYNTH part. However, it's quite different to any resynth out there technology-wise, in that it uses hundreds of *free running* oscillators that lock onto the input both in frequency as well as in phase, and that suppress most types of fluctuations, which results in noise, transients and even short notes being strongly suppressed – making for a very organic, harmonic sound without "warblies" or the typical "frame-by-frame" effect of other designs. Essentially, it repoduces just the "meat" of the sound, and very accurately at that. It's a derivate of an AI tech used to train self-driving cars how to avoid collisions. The "trick" is that the oscillators are non-linear and interwoven, and are trained like a neural network. The thing sounds pretty much like the sound had had more sustain to begin with, since it's lengthening just the harmonic parts.

Then there's the HARMONIC CONTOUR FILTER (HCF). The basic idea is simple: wouldn't it be cool if – when using long tails – you could somehow get rid of the harmonics of the previous input sound/chord when a new one starts playing, to get rid of the dissonance that can cause? And: wouldn't it be cool if the reverb could in general just NOT GET IN THE WAY and not cause the mix to become mushed up when using lots of it?

So what the HCF does is compare the tonality of the input to the tonality of the reverb tail (or actually, the entire wet path for that matter). Then it filters out any components out of the reverb that are not present in the input. And it does so ultra-precisely and musically. Voila, no more clashing on chord/tonality changes, no more mud. As a side effect, also no more setting up HF roll-offs etc, as the reverb can be made to have exactly the timbre of the input using just one control. Great for "invisible" reverbs. Plus, you can set the HCF to negative amounts so that it removes all stuff that the input and the tail have in common, so that you "fill just the gaps".
Also, by activating the HOLD function on the HCF, you "freeze" the current filter state, for cross-synthesis effects. And finally, you have a keyboard mode for the HCF that allows you to define s set of pitches that are "allowed", suppressing all harmonics that do not fall into that grid, either by filtering them out or quantizing them to allowed frequencies, kind of like a mini PITCHMAP.

You can use the HCF, including HOLD and KEYBOARD modes, on the signal without applying reverb by setting REVERB MIX and REVERB SOURCE to minimum values. Pre-delay stays active, so you could for example do adaptively filtered delays, or a convolution style "voice filtering" (minus the fact that convolution always plays back the full IR so you won't get the time evolution of that – which in my book is often a good thing), or some crazy pitch based filtering effects.

Then there's the RAY TRACING reverb. Very dense, linear spectrum. Check it out.

-d
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote:Two things to try 1) reboot and 2) install the latest iLok stuff over the top.That sequence fixes pretty much all issues we've seen with iLok so far. If NOT please email me with your iLok ID so I can get PACE on the case.

My best guess is that a PACE component failed to relaunch after install. That does happen. It's actually IIRC not PACE but some OS level issue, FWIW.
I've encountered that a few times. I don't have the details at hand, but if I recall correctly, it is a PACE service which needs to be restarted. It's an easy fix, once you know what to do.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

i've only recently done a fresh install on a new SSD of my entire set up so unless they've updated the ilok licenser app in the last few days... and i've rebooted twice.

well, whatever.. i'll reinstall it and see.

this ilok stuff is a such a huge drag. only so many hours to work on music and here i am dicking around with ilok nonsense. 1st world problems and all that but hey.. this are the mini rants you'll hear if every time i install an ilok plug in a bunch of software shits the bed.

also, can i ask why there's only one license? with pitchmap i got two so can use it on my laptop/desktop but seems adaptiverb only came with one license.

strange. so reinstalled ilok licenser.. rebooted. adaptiverb works but none of my other ilok plugs do.

probably last ilok plug in buy. i'm done w/changing my system after it's stable. if devs can make a great a plug in that can't be authorized with pushing a bunch of other stuff off a cliff then i can say w/o a doubt i don't want it.

shroom81 wrote:Just a heads up for you guys who have Softube software installed, that all stopped working after installing Adaptiverb and the update it contains for iLok on my machine...

Not checked other companies who use iLok but be careful if you need to use those over the weekend.

Really screwed myself here as I was going to use this weekend to put the finishing touches on a bunch of tracks :x :( f**king iLok piece of shit software !"%"#&#%/!#%
They should rename it iFoK as in I f**k my customers......

"Could not find valid licence for xxxx" Fantastic work, really great not being able to use what you paid for when you need it.....
This happened to me too, Softube, UVI, Soundtoys, Enentide all not working after installing this!

I've moved all licences from my iMac to the iLok and seem to be working, but why has this happened? This shouldn't happen!

zynaptiq wrote:Oh wow, REALLY sorry to hear that you guys are having copy protection trouble...Could you guys with iLok issues email our support address please, including your iLok ID? This is something we obviously want to check out right now.

I personally have a whole bunch of ilok licenses on my HD and haven't seen this happen, neither did anybody during beta. Did you re-boot your machine after install? Sometimes, some PACE component doesn't relaunch correctly afte rinstall. Also, the first thing I'd try to fix that would be to install the latest iLok drivers from ilok.com – it may just be a conflict between two specific versions or similar.

-d
I reinstalled the iLok drivers and deleted Adaptiverb from my system to see if that would help, but no; it's made nearly all other iLok plugins not work any longer.

No, that shouldn't happen AT ALL. At any rate, we've filed a ticket with PACE and are looking into this right now!

I'm a little confused though – didn't you just say that moving the licenses to an iLok made them work again? Or do they not work?
If moving the licenses to an ilok works – Did you try moving them back to the HD afterwards? I'm starting to think that the license files may need "updating" to v 3.0.3, which moving them could potentially do.

dayjob wrote: also, can i ask why there's only one license? with pitchmap i got two so can use it on my laptop/desktop but seems adaptiverb only came with one license.
Yes, that is a drag. I bought most of the Zynaptiq plug ins but the last one "Morph" I can only use on one machine. I understand copy protection necessities but that is to restricting.

Quick note: if you need more than one system activation, and can not / do not wish to use an iLok 2 device, simply email us. We're happy to sort you out.

zynaptiq wrote:No, that shouldn't happen AT ALL. At any rate, we've filed a ticket with PACE and are looking into this right now!

I'm a little confused though – didn't you just say that moving the licenses to an iLok made them work again? Or do they not work?
If moving the licenses to an ilok works – Did you try moving them back to the HD afterwards? I'm starting to think that the license files may need "updating" to v 3.0.3, which moving them could potentially do.
Yes after I removed Adaptiverb from my system I tested my other iLok plugins in Ableton. These were located on my iMac and didnt work. I then moved all these to the iLok and they worked. I tried moving them back to my iMac and they didn't work again. I can't work out why but since installing Adaptiverb, these licences wont work on the Mac.
Last edited by jobinho on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for the additional info, that may help!

OK, de-activating and re-activating affected licenses is what PACE just recommended to try.

So basically:
1) drag the license(s) from the HD into the account (or use the context menu to select "deactivate license")
2) drag them back from the account to the HD

Hopefully this does indeed fix it....

zynaptiq wrote:OK, de-activating and re-activating affected licenses is what PACE just recommended to try.

So basically:
1) drag the license(s) from the HD into the account (or use the context menu to select "deactivate license")
2) drag them back from the account to the HD

Hopefully this does indeed fix it....
this fixed my issue. everything working again just fine. thank you!

edit: also thanks for the speedy response and the 2nd activation.
Last edited by dayjob on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deactivating and re-activating has fixed this here but for some of the plugins I had to do that 3-4 times before they'd work again. Pretty f**ked up if you ask me as we are paying for software to make music not activating/reactivating shit all night....
Last edited by shroom81 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Return to “Effects”