Rapid Composer - BuckSnot

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All ;]

I Purchased Rapid Composer a few days ago and have been playing around with it. I use Ableton and was having some issues with the VST doing strange things during playback. Now I have now been using just a MIDI connection and doing better for now.

I have used Synfire Pro for the last year, So I already feel pretty comfortable with the concepts of Rapid Composer and having a lot of fun with it so far.

I want to try the Beta version before I start making Bug reports on issues i'm seeing. When I got Rapid Composer it was from KVR so my download link starts like "https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/or ... ########=1" So I can not download the Beta yet ;[

I am thinking about doing short videos for my Bug reports because i'm not real good at explaining things, I also would like to find out how people here are making the animated pictures they are using for their explanations here.

I have been trying to find a setting to reverse the scroll wheel on the mouse, It feels backwards to me. If there is no way to do this yet I hope it can be added.

The VST follows Ableton's transport (in the arrangement view) exactly, locked to it.
For example, it won't loop if Ableton is not looping.
It can't play on its own I think.

this is what i am using for recording Gifs

LICEcap
http://www.cockos.com/licecap/

for uploading gifs
http://imgur.com/

open url and just drag the Gif after upload finished:

Last edited by BuckSnot on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Thanks!

BuckSnot wrote: I have been trying to find a setting to reverse the scroll wheel on the mouse, It feels backwards to me. If there is no way to do this yet I hope it can be added.
Hi BuckSnot,

welcome to this forum!
I will add a setting to reverse the scroll wheel direction in a next beta version.

Some people reported that the VST plug-in does not work well with Ableton. Last time I tried it worked, although I am not an experienced Live user. Most users use a virtual MIDI cable to connect Ableton and the RapidComposer standalone.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila,

In the Beta 3.1b11 I am not having the reverse scrolling issue now but I guess the option would still be useful if it was reverse to again?

I have been using just the MIDI now instead of the VST. Its been working much better, My RC VST with Ableton acts so strange, If you would like to try to work on any of the VST bugs Ill start posting the bugs that I can narrow down, That's up to you, For now I'm just enjoying the MIDI.

When I start the Transport in Ableton it will start RC, But Starting RC wont start Ableton. If I had to choose, I would want it the way it is but can either one be used to start the other or can this be reversed at times where RC is the Master & Ableton is the slave?

On the (Melody) Probabilistic Rhythm Generator I have been rescaling it to achieve 1/2 & Whole notes, Can 1/2 and 1 Beats be added to the Divisions in it?

Just noticed that the Rhythm Generators are different/separate in every Phrase Generator, Sorry Im new and still learning a lot

Thank you for all the hard work you have done and continue to do this program, Cant tell you how much we all appreciate it! ;]

Hi BuckSnot,
BuckSnot wrote:In the Beta 3.1b11 I am not having the reverse scrolling issue now but I guess the option would still be useful if it was reverse to again?
Interesting. I haven't made any changes to scrolling direction. Nobody complained about it in the last 6 years.
BuckSnot wrote:On the (Melody) Probabilistic Rhythm Generator I have been rescaling it to achieve 1/2 & Whole notes, Can 1/2 and 1 Beats be added to the Divisions in it? ?
I can see you have found them. "1/4" means quarter note (=1 beat), "1/8" means eighth note (=half beat)
BuckSnot wrote:Just noticed that the Rhythm Generators are different/separate in every Phrase Generator, Sorry Im new and still learning a lot
Yes, rhythm generator are separate and independent of phrase generation.
BuckSnot wrote:Thank you for all the hard work you have done and continue to do this program, Cant tell you how much we all appreciate it! ;]
It's a pleasure for me :)

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

On the Probabilistic Rhythm Generator I was just talking about there being no options for the 2/4 & 1 Bar, without having to rescale them to achive those divisons

On the scrolling I have been thinking about it more. It seems it is still backwards to me but I got use to it within a few days. When scrolling down a webpage or the note editor in ableton and even the settings page in RC, By scrolling down everything on the page moves upwards. In RC on the Composition when you scroll down the notes go down also instead of going up like my mind would have expected. I still feel a option to reverse this would still be nice

Return to “MusicDevelopments”