Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:45 pm I dont want a Forum here atm
in the FB Avenger group you can ask your questions about functionality, bugs and features, also and you will get response from me or others.
Yeah. As long as you don't post to much bugs or write that you would sell your licence of avenger when it still crash the whole DAW or even the computer after felt hundreds of updates.
Ahaaa! :tu:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Manuel has said he doesn't want an official forum, so we've got to respect that. So it couldn't be hosted at KVR (they don't host any unofficial forums, do they?)

So we need someone to host it, and someone with the tech savvy to set it up.

Anyone?

Does anyone know how to drag an audio file from Studio One V4 into Avenger's oscillator? I have tried a bunch of times from both the browser and the arranger window, but it doesn't actually do anything when I drop it into Avenger.

rlared wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:51 pm Does anyone know how to drag an audio file from Studio One V4 into Avenger's oscillator? I have tried a bunch of times from both the browser and the arranger window, but it doesn't actually do anything when I drop it into Avenger.
Certain daw/synth combos do not allow this. Just export the file to your drive and drag & drop from there.

Yeah I just tried bouncing the audio and then dragged and dropped and it worked. Thanks!

I think that Manuel and Rene are doing an awesome job. Is Avenger perfect? No, but this is why we come here to make suggestions and all together make it better.
Personally, I can see Manuel's passion behind the project and to me that is the only thing that matters. Let's try to be civil and use proper language in order to continue to receive good service and also motivate the people behind Avenger.

It is not too much to ask. The last thing a normal person wants is a flame war that gets out of control.

sircuit wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:51 pm Does anyone know how to drag an audio file from Studio One V4 into Avenger's oscillator? I have tried a bunch of times from both the browser and the arranger window, but it doesn't actually do anything when I drop it into Avenger.
Certain daw/synth combos do not allow this. Just export the file to your drive and drag & drop from there.
It works fine here... I can drag n drop from the browser into Avenger or from the timeline... no problem...
If it doesn´t work, it´s definetely not a problem of S1/Avenger combo...

Trancit wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:35 pm
sircuit wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:52 pm
It works fine here... I can drag n drop from the browser into Avenger or from the timeline... no problem...
If it doesn´t work, it´s definetely not a problem of S1/Avenger combo...
Well I was messing around with it and was trying some of the included content that comes with Studio One. Most of the content comes as "musicloops" which actually contain a few different things (audio file, MIDI file, instrument preset). I dragged just the audio file contained in themusic loop into the arranger view and chop it up, I wasn't able to drag that into Avenger. But if I "bounced" it, then I could drag the bounced clip. So I think it was the Musicloop format that was screwing me up.

I didn't try with recorded audio or files from my computer but I'm sure they work fine.

Idea for the VPS team. . . I get a little tripped up adjusting the wrong filter / amp / etc sometimes. It would be awesome if:

1) There was an option to automatically "Go To" modules when selecting an oscillator
or 2) Some sort of more obvious visual queue that the module you're on isn't being used by the currently shown oscillator. The color tabs above are great but maybe the currently selected oscillator could have its color emphasized somehow for example. Or a symbol could appear in the tab that applies to that oscillator.

Probably option #2 would be easier and less disruptive to people's workflows

rlared wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:41 pm Well I was messing around with it and was trying some of the included content that comes with Studio One. Most of the content comes as "musicloops" which actually contain a few different things (audio file, MIDI file, instrument preset). I dragged just the audio file contained in themusic loop into the arranger view and chop it up, I wasn't able to drag that into Avenger. But if I "bounced" it, then I could drag the bounced clip. So I think it was the Musicloop format that was screwing me up.

I didn't try with recorded audio or files from my computer but I'm sure they work fine.
Ok, that´s a different story as the source file is inside of a protected container...
Everything that comes with Studio One can (without bouncing) only be used in Studio One...

Studio One´s Sound Sets are similar to Reason´s Refills in this regard...

But if you use audio files, which are in a normal state on your harddrive, they can be dragged directly into Avenger from either the browser or the timeline...

Hey Manuel great job on Avenger. I recently bought a couple synths but Avenger is still my favourite.
Anyway to the questions. When i pick a special sample like "Noise Voice Bin" how can i make Avenger play faster trough the sample? I fail to figure that one out.

Also i had a lot of stress the past half year and lost hearing in the upper frequencies. When i play 14000Hz on youtube i can barely hear it. However when i filter the cutoff with Avenger on a Highpass filter to 14000Hz i sometimes still hear rich sound. Has this something to do with different Highpass filter or am i missing something? Thank you and great job!

you can play faster through a sample by pitching it up?

regarding the HP, it depends on the steepness. I would not highpassfilter, I would use a FFT BIN with only this band. Only then is 14k the only frequency present. You can use also a lower frequency /4 and play it 4 octaves higher, which is then *4

msvs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QQ1_3XN2GM

Nice Techhouse expansion :)

Is there also a chance for melodic Techno expansion -> https://www.audiotent.com/presets/

So, I tested the demo. I had no idea what the demo limitations were, but I load it up and played with some pluck sounds. Suddenly the loud noise burst came and I almost got a heart attack. Jesus mother fu... Why it had to be so fu*king loud!??!! Its like 5 sec pure noise and loud. You guys trying to destroy peoples ears?!?! Needless to say that I uninstalled it right away. Please use something like Uhe, soft vinyl crackling. Noise bursts are worst limitations ever :dog:

Return to “Instruments”