Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm well, even if 99% of the world would use 540p, its still reality, that Avenger is designed for bigger resolutions and it need (at least) 1080p, better 1440p. These are the requirements. No secret and no offense. I remember, my Computer had too less RAM to start Wing Commander. The dev could have redesigned some game graphics, so that it would have worked with my 2MB 386PC... but they didnt. How dare they. :evil: Well, to stay serious: regarding sharpening the fonts, fact is that I have been told by Rene that this is the best he can offer atm. I am no Coder, so I have to accept this.
Dont compare video game wheres graphics are the core and a synth where's the sound and features are the core, but the GUI is a representation. If you compare to a video game avenger is like a menu in a video game.

Be stubborn all you want, but dont forget, its the only popular (and actualy very good) VST that requires higher then Full HD screen, not many people (probably particulary Windows users) are going to buy new hardware just for Avenger, because after all, there are other synths that are just as good.

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:07 pm It's really counterproductive using 1080p and lower when working in a DAW. Of course, this is my opinion, but how many track lanes do you fit in the viewport without the need of scrolling or resizing the track lanes? I have a 1600p monitor, though 21:9 aspect ratio. As soon as a 21:9 monitor with 2160p is released, I will buy it.
I will gonna do what Michel does, but instead of new display screen im just gonna offer you to change the DAW, use FL Studio and you will not have a problem, FL studio is the future, all the top artists are using it, i seriously cannot imagine how a professional can work on anything else then FL Studio. You can have 100 tracks in 1 midi clip and easely fit everything in to playlist without ever needing of resizing. Seriously :party:

No but seriously FL is great for that case, i actually bumped up the scaling on my 32 inch 1440p screen so the gui size would be like on 1080p screen (also my viewing distance is around ~+/-1.3meter, main reason for scaling up).

Isn't it possible to adjust the modulation precision at Avenger? I get unsightly aliasing results.
Especially if i wanna fast LFO noise sweeps.

Syncing the LFO speed with keytrack is also a problem. On the one hand because of aliasing or inaccuracy at high rates, on the other hand keytrack is very difficult to tune.

For what? Filter FM for example. Or extended FM possibilities (the C-LFO range isn't enough for me).

For the resolution topic:
The investment in a 4k monitor was one of the best ideas for my daw use. It's really worth it!

Hi, all. MIDI out of Avenger is not working for me if you use OSC1=Voicing=MIDI special=not OFF, for example, Filter for Chord root note or Endless Sub fade. When it is Off, Midi out is working, and I can record it. My DAW is Reaper 5.984 x 64, Win 10.
Is it only my issue?

msvs wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 pm Well, to stay serious: regarding sharpening the fonts, fact is that I have been told by Rene that this is the best he can offer atm. I am no Coder, so I have to accept this.
All I would say to that is, fire him, fire him now and get a new coder :-D

Joking (and moaning) aside, I appreciate that you're listening to the font complaints and that the lack of a fix is 'not possible atm' rather than 'never', which offers some hope to the cockeyed among us, I guess. But do please consider this a serious feature request, as an option/preference of course, no need to subject any big screen users to font changes they don't want or need.

cheers, nbiar.

Is it possible to use Avenger FX as a rack insert? I love the FX of Avenger, and wondering if it's possible to use that way. I've seen other synths offer a instrument vst and an effects-only vst - but I don't see an avenger effects only option. Is this possible in some way, or in the works, or just not planned?

commodore wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:20 pm Is it possible to use Avenger FX as a rack insert? I love the FX of Avenger, and wondering if it's possible to use that way. I've seen other synths offer a instrument vst and an effects-only vst - but I don't see an avenger effects only option. Is this possible in some way, or in the works, or just not planned?
Indeed, e.g. Rapid will get released as FX rack soon. But unlike Vengeance they don't offer effect plugin bundles. Having Avenger as FX rack makes all other Vengeance products obsolete.

yes, furthermore we are not allowed to allow external routing through the ArtsAcoustic FX for obvious reasons. So an FX Rack is impossible. But you can get all the used FX as VST seperately if you really want.

msvs wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:47 pm But you can get all the used FX as VST seperately if you really want.
What do you mean by this? I would love them as separate vsts if that is possible.

commodore wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:42 am
msvs wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:47 pm But you can get all the used FX as VST seperately if you really want.
What do you mean by this? I would love them as separate vsts if that is possible.
Most of them are here and here.

Plus more specialized ones in the Plugins drop-down on the Vengeance site.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Can some clarify for me

Will v1.5 have multi-outs?

It'd be a great feature.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:35 pm Can some clarify for me

It'd be a great feature.
Avenger has had multi-outs since v1.0 IIRC. You can route any of the FX chains to the outputs labelled Aux 1-4, then there are another dozen or so outs for the drum sequencer.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:15 pm
kevvvvv wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:35 pm Can some clarify for me

It'd be a great feature.
Avenger has had multi-outs since v1.0 IIRC. You can route any of the FX chains to the outputs labelled Aux 1-4, then there are another dozen or so outs for the drum sequencer.
(I love stopping long-running KVR threads stone dead with helpful facts).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

cheers
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Will there be another 5 pack sale this Thanksgiving/black Friday?

Oh, and can we hope to see an 8bit volume 2 soon?

Return to “Instruments”