OSX Stability Help

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I purchased RapidDeveloper a couple weeks ago and I love what the program can do, but it crashes all of the time on my computer even with v3.01. I have an 2011 Macbook Pro, on OSX Yosemite with 8GB of RAM. Yes the computer is older but the computer runs great and Ableton and BitWig are very stable on it.

I am always running it standalone. It crashes no matter how I use it and seems to be random. For example, it just crashed changing a chord while using 1 track with synthmaster on it. It does seem to crash more often when music is playing.

Even while using the built in soundfonts with 1 or 2 tracks will cause a crash. I also tried just using RC to send midi to BitWig and it will eventually crash. I can't seem to get through 1 session without a crash.

Any one else notice this? Any tips on stability, besides getting a new computer? :)

Hi stefangx,

this is strange because I haven't heard this from other users.
Will you please send me the crash dump in e-mail next time (info@...), I can probably tell what goes wrong. Or if you can find past crash dumps, that would be the best, I would love to see them.
You definitely don't need a new computer...

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila, where can I find the crash dump?

Open the Console from Application->Utilities, you will see the log files.
Look into ~/Libraries/Logs, /Libraries/Logs or /Libraries/Logs/DiagnosticReports, there may be other folders too. I am interested in the readable text rather than the binary files. Please send me the files zipped to the info@musicdev....com address.

Thank you!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”