Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

Highvoltage wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:51 pm
EnGee wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 pm Wasted money! Time to uninstall all this iLok shit (sorry!).
I really hope you are joking :party:
Maybe not ;)

Highvoltage wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 pm There should be quite a few Braids presets there. Try filtering with the yellow "tags" you can narrow it down to presets that use that module.
Found them, problem is they don't seem to be in the NKS versions which I was using in preference to their own browser.

Not that many though.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:03 am
Highvoltage wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 pm There should be quite a few Braids presets there. Try filtering with the yellow "tags" you can narrow it down to presets that use that module.
Found them, problem is they don't seem to be in the NKS versions which I was using in preference to their own browser.

Not that many though.
I find myself tempted to delete the lot of them. A lot seem to me to be largely based on usage as voices in a traditional DAW track, but then their heavy CPU usage doesn't really help with that.

Then again, the lack of a variety of random and semi-random generators (come on Softube, I'm sure you could give us an A-149-1), and interesting sequencers, makes it hard to use Modular in a purely modular(!) manner.

Moan moan, groan groan ... come on Softube ... you need to up your game!

Yes, sequencers are really kind of a "bottleneck" in Modular. At least they could have given us more control over the existing ones by enabling CV control over position & length, which should be rather easy to add. While that is so, I have a workaround of using Sugar Bytes Thesys from outside...

Loading time 12 sec.
Best
YY

lnikj wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:19 amThen again, the lack of a variety of random and semi-random generators (come on Softube, I'm sure you could give us an A-149-1), and interesting sequencers, makes it hard to use Modular in a purely modular(!) manner.
You got a VCLFO, Sample & Hold, Logic Tool, Signal Tool, Quantizer, CV Mixer.... the random possibilities are already nearly endless.

Rastkovic wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:46 am
lnikj wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:19 amThen again, the lack of a variety of random and semi-random generators (come on Softube, I'm sure you could give us an A-149-1), and interesting sequencers, makes it hard to use Modular in a purely modular(!) manner.
You got a VCLFO, Sample & Hold, Logic Tool, Signal Tool, Quantizer, CV Mixer.... the random possibilities are already nearly endless.
Sure, I'm thinking more of the convenience and ideas generation of a Turing Machine, Noisering, Euclidean Sequencer, Burst generator etc.. but, fair point, I know you can build from a SOU from scratch (v. the Doepfer patch book).

5 second loading time (have almost all modules) but I'm on an SSD drive so that probably has something to do with it.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:03 pm 5 second loading time (have almost all modules) but I'm on an SSD drive so that probably has something to do with it.
Thanks for the info

Mine is also on SSD.
Do you have ilok2 or 3? Or just a machine-license?
Is it 5 secs after you start the DAW? (i mean the very first instance)

Highvoltage wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:06 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:03 pm 5 second loading time (have almost all modules) but I'm on an SSD drive so that probably has something to do with it.
Thanks for the info

Mine is also on SSD.
Do you have ilok2 or 3? Or just a machine-license?
Is it 5 secs after you start the DAW? (i mean the very first instance)
iLok 2. First instance? I don't know. What does it matter? I mean is 12 seconds such a long time that it's making your life a living hell? Geez, my Realivox ladies takes 2 minutes to load. EWQL stuff takes a good 15 to 30 seconds to load depending on the size of the library.

In the grand scheme of things, this is so not important, especially if it's JUST on the first instance.

I kind of agree. It sounds like a 1st world problem.
i don't like it when my whole DAW just stops when i want to open an instance for 12 seconds. It could load in the background or whatever.
And also with my HW modular, it took more than 12 seconds to power it on, power on the mixer, set it up in the DAW etc..

But my main concern is that it gets SLOWER with every new module. So in a few years time if they double the modules, it will load for half a minute. Now that is something i'm not looking forward to.

This whole feeling of getting slower and slower does not encourage me at all to invest in it.

Also the time i spent ranting about this in a forum, i could have launched it 30 times already :D

Hopefully softube modular don't have a lot of modules , imagine If we have the same number of vcv modules in Sm :). I remenber, some times ago, waiting one hour for having all my samples loaded....
Best
YY

I very much prefer quality over quantity. It's already perfect for what i do. I would not mind some more filters, like the Wasp, or something.

Highvoltage wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:18 pm
But my main concern is that it gets SLOWER with every new module. So in a few years time if they double the modules, it will load for half a minute. Now that is something i'm not looking forward to.
If they port all the Buchla 200e modules and get a deal with Make Noise then I'll happily wait half an hour for it to load up :)

Wait .. is that a pig going past the window ...

Return to “Instruments”