Phonec 2 has been released! (Updated to v2.4)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonec The Sound Experience Soundbank

e@rs wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:40 am
HydrogenHuman wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:16 am Really wish this would get a VST3 update. I've wanted to get it for Black Friday at 40% off, but it looks like it still hasn't been updated to support VST3. A shame since it sounds so nice!
From the MondoMelt and VectoMelt 2 coming soon thread:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:16 pm Phonec3 is also very close, although there's a few things I want to do still. However I'm shooting for before the end of the year.
Ah, great news! I may pick it up then, or maybe the whole bundle since that's a very nice discount.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:38 am Phonec 2 is a great synth but I get the feeling it's unfairly flown under the radar, maybe because of the way it looks? I'm glad to hear version 3 is still in the works.
It's one of the most unique sounding synths and really easy to use.

Much more versatile than it first appears.

No synth can do that wobbly worn out sound as easily as Phonec.

Looking forward to a Phonec3. I have two new Mac laptops (an Air M2 and MacBook Pro M2Pro) for music production, and because they are Apple Silicon: I can't install/run Phonec2, nor PulseCode, both of which I just purchased. (So I needed to install them on my older 2015 MacBook Pro).

Glad to hear that Phonec3 might come early next year, so that it can have a 'continued life'.

I'm sure the coding is very difficult: to maintain the same sound, look and charm of these legacy products, especially since the orig codebase and dev tools are so different and unique compared to the tools and code needed to get to modern day VST3 (Windows/Mac) and support Apple Silicon (Mac).

Even though I do Electronic Dance Music, including "Hard Techno and Drum and Bass", what I love about Phonec2 is that I can easily get ideas, basslines and melodies down: without having to play around too much on sound design. Then, I use 'the Phonec2 inspired MIDI and tracks' to add/layer (on top, or replace with) bigger and heavier sounds, like ANA2 and Arturia SQ-80, Roland SH-2 bass, etc.

PulseCode is 'deep', yet easy to use, and I am enjoying working with it. Very well thought out/designed.

Thanks for the great products !!

BOC bank i found, enjoy and have a good time , big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
Boards (by Lars Lentz).7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Last edited by martiu on Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:43 pm BOC bank i found, enjoy and have a good time , big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
Boards (by Lars Lentz).7z
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Return to “Instruments”