Phonec 2 has been released! (Updated to v2.4)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonec The Sound Experience Soundbank

fluffy_little_something wrote:Stereo unison is not something I would expect from a synth like Phonec. Its original design intent was related to the 80's and video recorders, if I remember correctly. Why should it even try to compete with Sylenth1, Spire etc.
Exactly. Phonec is about melting our brains, not our speakers.

Does Psychic Modulation do sales? I only ask because I'm thinking of buying, but dont want to be sadden if next week its %50 off?

jbuonacc wrote:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:That's where it installs by default. It's just the set location where it reads for the dropdown list of banks when you click the little hexagon in the patch section. You can of course move the Phonec_2 folder elsewhere after install but it will instead open a browser window rather than providing a dropdown with a list of banks.
can't understand why anyone would want this installed in their C: directory, seems like it should install this in the same place as the plug-in. i noticed that Phonec v1 (still have the demo installed) does this, puts the banks into the same folder. is it possible to change/update this for the v2.2 installer?
After discussing this briefly, we've decided to go ahead and change the directory to Public/Documents for Windows. This would be the least complicated location other than C:.

The problem with saving into the Vst plugins folder would be because that's usually in the program files folder which newer versions of Windows would block writing to.

After this update, Windows users will have to copy their banks and patches into the new location. Just make sure you don't delete the old folder without copying your files.

EnderWillSaveUs wrote:Does Psychic Modulation do sales? I only ask because I'm thinking of buying, but dont want to be sadden if next week its %50 off?
I won't be doing any sales at the moment since v2.2 is a about to be released.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:After discussing this briefly, we've decided to go ahead and change the directory to Public/Documents for Windows. This would be the least complicated location other than C:.

The problem with saving into the Vst plugins folder would be because that's usually in the program files folder which newer versions of Windows would block writing to.
oh, cool. i'm not sure why it even matters to me, but i've never seen any other synth/program that i've installed drop a folder into the 'C:' directory. pretty much everything i've ever installed creates its own folders in one or both of the two 'Program Files' (and/or 'ProgramData') folders, sometimes in 'Documents'. actually, a lot of them do install in 'Documents'. not 'Public/Documents', but '(user)/Documents'. i do see a Native Instruments and a Soundtoys folder in 'Public/Documents', but these were also written to '(user)/Documents' as well.

this seems to be pretty standard practice, not sure what you mean by Windows not allowing it to be written to (though i'm on Windows 7). what is everyone else going to be doing? :hihi:

i actually have my custom VST folder in Documents, never use the default "VstPlugIns" folder (or move it from there manually if it decides to default to that location).
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:After this update, Windows users will have to copy their banks and patches into the new location. Just make sure you don't delete the old folder without copying your files.
apologies to all the other Windows users if this is a hassle for them. surprised nobody has mentioned it before though.

thanks again!

(btw - checked out your Phonogeist tracks on your page, pretty cool stuff. sounds exactly like older Com Truise, but i like it.)

Phonec v2.2 has several new features including an onboard Chorus effect that can be integrated into the Melt function, a 3-band fully Parametric EQ, Pan tracking for widening arps and pads, new timings for th Arppegiator and Sequencer, new waveforms and modulation possibilities and several improvments.

New Chorus effect with Melt functionality
New 3-band Parametric EQ
New Pan-tracking
New waveforms: Bell and Ramp
New LFO target: Logic
New Mod Envelope targets: Logic, Osc1/2/Sub/Noise Levels
New Arp and Seq timings and 1/2 switches
Improved slider/knob sensitivity
Fixed: Clipping noise with Echoshifter
Windows: Banks folder now installs into Public/Documents
**You will need to copy any user banks into the new location.

More info here.

Great update! Thnx!

Wow! This gem just keeps getting better.
Thanks Jack :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Thanks for this one again!
Phonec just keep on getting better and better and... V'got the point.

Thanks for the update :tu:

Great News Jack :party: :hug: :tu: :clap: ......... :D
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

:party:

The Chorus is a nice addition! Very fitting.

The rest is gravy on this already scrumptious biscuit. :clap:

Just updated mine. Thanks! Sweet!

Thanks for the update Jack. It looks beastly!

Nice update,improved slider/knob sensitivity is great,

What exactly is the "logic switch" ?

Return to “Instruments”