Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

The problem occurs when you try to licence the software from within it. You get a message in the licensing window that says that the SSL certificate has expired and it is not possible to make a secure connection to the server.

I opened a support ticket recently concerning license transfer and the devoloper was pretty slow to respond but finally he answered. So from my point of view the situation is not really satisfying but manageable with some patience.

Wouldn't it be cool if Plusar 900 was ported to Voltage Modular?? :party: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 am Wouldn't it be cool if Plusar 900 was ported to Voltage Modular?? :party: :phones:
Yes, or u-he buys the source code and releases finally his notorious Berlin Modular!

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 am
plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 am Wouldn't it be cool if Plusar 900 was ported to Voltage Modular?? :party: :phones:
Yes, or u-he buys the source code and releases finally his notorious Berlin Modular!
At the first glance it sounds like it might be beneficial for u-he, the Pulsar guy, and the entire world :)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:01 pm I opened a support ticket recently concerning license transfer and the devoloper was pretty slow to respond but finally he answered. So from my point of view the situation is not really satisfying but manageable with some patience.
Now let’s hope he answers again.

Yeah...good bye for this fat and juicy synth...
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/p ... -and-juicy

lnikj wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:55 pm Caveat emptor

Their licensing server has now been down for a week - expired SSL certificate.

I had neglected to move my license off a MBP that I was returning as faulty, and only noticed when I tried to activate it on another machine.

After several attempts to contact the dev I did get a response after 4 days that my activations had been reset but nothing has been done about the server.

So,if you buy this product at the current time (it is still for sale) then you will be unable to licence it.
So, another week has passed, still nothing from the dev, still unable to licence or use it, and still it remains for sale such that any new purchaser will be unable to licence it.

It's frustrating. But it seems there is risk involved in spending money on a product. Not all will survive, for various reasons. We just have to accept the risks and hope. Hopefully the dev will resurface! It's happened before. There's a chance it's abandonware. :/

It's definitely abandonware. What is very wrong in my mind is continuing to sell something when you have been repeatedly notified that anybody purchasing it is buying a brick. You would have thought that the dev would at least be responsible enough to turn off sales whilst he scrapes together the $50 to renew the SSL certificate.

I think you can get SSL certs for free. I may be mistaken. My hosting company has free SSL certs although I do not know the ins and outs of it. Hopefully they sort it out.

I wish i saw this thread first. Purchased it yesterday. now, no money and no pulsar...

Credit card chargebacks are your best friend when it comes to abandonware.

MR53LFD35TRUCT wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:35 pm I wish i saw this thread first. Purchased it yesterday. now, no money and no pulsar...
I would attempt to recover your money through PayPal or however you paid.

It is more difficult for me as I bought it through a reseller who has told me to f**k off, it's not their problem, and I did manage to authorise it in the past (on a machine I no longer use).

This is really theft then. Such a shame. If the developer decide to let it go....O.K. but then still sell it without you could activate a license? Then he lost all my trust (not that there was much left yet but he still seems like a good guy...until now).
So then i also could not license it again on a new machine i guess.
So i just can hope someone make a competing product one day. Of course this means trust is lost forever for all future products.
Maybe there is a chance there is some personal trouble going on which can happen. So i hope the developer answers about what is going on. I wrote him some time back and always got an answer within 1-2 days.
Maybe i also try it again...

Return to “Instruments”