More Cubase SL crashes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sometimes (well.. quite often) when I click on a value field in an effect -say, delay time in Ohboyz (but almost every other effect at some point as well, also native ones)- cubase gives me an error message and crashes

does this sound familiar?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

no. But then I don't use SL. I hope that helps.

CypherOne wrote:no. But then I don't use SL. I hope that helps.
ah.. great
stupid me

:lol:

I use SL and this does not sound familiar to me.

The only crash that I used to get was occasionally Blockfish would crash everything when it loaded up, but since I upgraded my OS it doesn't do that anymore.

I'm using SL 1.0.6 or 1.6 or whatever the hell it is, on two Macs, one running OS 10.3.4 and the other running OS 10.2.8.

Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm using SL 2.2.0 build 35..

but I believe I had it with build 33 as well

spaceman wrote:Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm using SL 2.2.0 build 35..

but I believe I had it with build 33 as well
I had SL 2.0 and had nothing but crashes and could get nothing done. I think it is a brilliant sequencer but all these Cubase bugs :roll:

I had SL 2.0 and had nothing but crashes and could get nothing done. I think it is a brilliant sequencer but all these Cubase bugs
I wouldn't call them generally Cubase bugs. I use tons of VST's and different kind of effects and SL2 is working rockstable on my computer. If Cubase (or Sonar or anything else) runs unstable, it is most probably because of some plugs or a hardware conflict.

Try to deinstall all plug-ins, especially those that or not coming with cubase and see if the program runs stable. If not, I guess that there could be something "wrong" with your hardware setup.

What are your hardware specifications?

Did you try to ask help on the official cubase forum?

mojkarma wrote: Try to deinstall all plug-ins, especially those that or not coming with cubase and see if the program runs stable. If not, I guess that there could be something "wrong" with your hardware setup.

What are your hardware specifications?

Did you try to ask help on the official cubase forum?
the problem is that I'm starting to get it in every plugin, also the native cubase ones

when I click on a value for editing an error message pops up saying "Serious error blahblah.. address .. more blahblah" and cubase gets shut down

and when it doesn't crash I usually can't enter values using my keyboard because the plugins don't get focus (although that might be a setting)

I'll try the steinberg forum

Maybe some plugs, you use, require the so called "old host behavior". When you ask for help, try to list all your hardware. If it would be a cubase bug, the we all would have this problem.

Spaceman wrote:the problem is that I'm starting to get it in every plugin, also the native cubase ones
As Mojkarma said, this can be caused by one 'bad' VST(i) installed on your system. I would also follow his advice about de-installing everything (only leaving the Cubase native ones) and see if that works. Then re-installing and testing every plugin one by one until you find the one that's causing the trouble.

Peter.

mojkarma wrote:Maybe some plugs, you use, require the so called "old host behavior". When you ask for help, try to list all your hardware. If it would be a cubase bug, the we all would have this problem.

but surely not ALL pluging where you can enter values manually, cubase plugs included

a plugin can mess things up when it's loaded, but I can't see one doing any wrong if it's not even inserted in a project

Are you using two monitors? Most windows that pop up in cubase, when you click on them (at least on the gray area), you can choose the option "windows on top". When you check it, you can move the window to a second monitor, but it doesn't let you manually change values. If this is activated try to deactivate it. I'm not using that particular plug you mentioned.

mojkarma wrote:Are you using two monitors? Most windows that pop up in cubase, when you click on them (at least on the gray area), you can choose the option "windows on top". When you check it, you can move the window to a second monitor, but it doesn't let you manually change values. If this is activated try to deactivate it. I'm not using that particular plug you mentioned.
I'm only using one monitor at the moment but I do use the "always on top" (sounds silly now I write it down :lol:) functionality to prevent having to click 10 times more than I have to.. maybe it's a bug in there, or my graphic card's driver is dodgy

the thing is, sometimes it works fine and then all of a sudden the problem reoccures

Spaceman wrote:always on top
Try another position sometimes! :wink:

Peter.

Try another position sometimes!
That was good! :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”