Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

website seems kind broken or at least the downloads page is. it doesn't work on mac running safari or chrome.

bit quiet around here.

I'm waiting for the new HY Slicer. I use my HY tools quite a bit.

dayjob wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:39 pmbit quiet around here.
Yo last update last July

Raddler1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:12 pm HY-Slicer 2

It's out!

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-slice ... dium=email
The free version is pretty decent, definitely enough to figure it out and decide if you need the extra lanes that the full version gives, my only complaint is the GUI at 100% on 1440p monitor is absolutely tiny, 200% makes it viewable

The new Hy-Sclicer 2 doesn't have vital features the original Hy-Slicer has: Step-Arranger, Groove and Accent parameters (Swing). This is badly missed here.
The upgrade policy is very generous, I got the upgrade for free, but nevertheless I would express these points and ask for bringing these functions back!
Hy-Sclicer 1 has some ergonomic advantages, e.g. drag&drop from folders, desktop etc. That is missing with the version 2, only loading through the in built file browser is possible.
Hopefully Hy-Slicer 1 will be updated and supported too in the future, because the version 2 is no full substitute, although it has some very helpful improvements, especially the multi sample functionality.
But sometimes a straightforward, simple tool is perfect for the task. Hy-Slicer 1 was and is it for me, just a dark skin is missing.

I just discovered these midi plugins and want to try something by HY-Plugins. The function lists are completely overkill for me atm, I can't really decide which of the sequencers is a good point to begin experimenting. ke euI licledian, but would like to test more ways of sequencing. Maybe HY-SeqCollection2 would be a good choice there?

I have not found good videos on youtube that clearly explain the differences between the sequencer.

Can someone help me deciding?

Schnickschnack wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:06 pm I just discovered these midi plugins and want to try something by HY-Plugins. The function lists are completely overkill for me atm, I can't really decide which of the sequencers is a good point to begin experimenting. ke euI licledian, but would like to test more ways of sequencing. Maybe HY-SeqCollection2 would be a good choice there?

I have not found good videos on youtube that clearly explain the differences between the sequencer.

Can someone help me deciding?
They all have free versions available from the website https://hy-plugins.com/download/.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

I think HY-SEQ32 is probably the most flexible all-rounder.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I have found some bugs in HY-Delay4, I reported it via the contact form but got no response so figured I would post it here too hoping the dev sees it.

(Bug 1) Reaper crashes when enabling both the Ducker and Side-Chain. To replicate in Reaper:

- Add new empty track.
- Add HY-Delay4.
- Enable the Ducker.
- Enable Side-Chain.
- Reaper Crashes.

(Bug 2) Delay time doesn't sync to host bpm, changing bpm in Reaper doesn't affect the delay even when the bpm sync button is enabled in HY-Delay4. It only syncs until I press play in Reaper.

(Bug 3) Select "EnvF" modulation mode and click on the "Side-Chain" button, then click again on the "Side-Chain" button to disable it and notice how the modulation unit still remains in side chain mode. This stays true even when using the "Initialize All Param Values" option from the main menu.

Note: These bugs happen in the full version, the free one works fine.

Return to “Effects”