Looking for a free host for a poor guitarist

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am on a mission to transform my guitarist friend's computer into a guitar amp. I am looking for a free host that can recieve an audio signal from the sound card and add VST effects like GSuite on the signal...something like DSound RT Player, but a free one. Can anyone recommend something for him?

Thanks. :)

you could try TobyBears new minihost : http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html

processes ASIO inputs in real time so should be up to the job.

www.fxpansion.com/skunk used to have a Simple Vst Host available though that may have been midi only.

Also the new Kristal Audio Engine can be used as a real time vst processor, maybe a neat choice because it's also a fully fledged multitrack audio sequencer so your friend could record his noodlings too.

hth,
.g

Oh, I didn't know that Tobybear's minihost can recieve audio input. Thanks Gary! :)

wow ,that Krystal audio engine looks cool , check it out http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/ , that dude could record and apply vst effects

yeah, try Krystal for audio recording. Then you have kjaerus audio's classic plugin series among other vst FX to get you going. Too many free VST's out there to list, so use KvR's vst search..

Recording guitar is what brought me into digital audio, so watch your step! I don't even have a guitar anymore & now I own a shitload of softsynths!

sickle666 wrote:yeah, try Krystal for audio recording. Then you have kjaerus audio's classic plugin series
That's a good recommendation, they sound good on guitars. Not too many people making decent Phasers and Flangers anymore (pretty bread & butter stuff for guitarists) so definitley worth a download.

.g

I use this when I'm testing my plugins, because it's convenient and quick to load.

Kristal has got to be a great choice freebie for a guitarist, though.

Not free, but EnergyXT is really cheap (£25 or thereabouts).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”