v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Attila!
Why do the yellow minimization buttons on browsers do not work at RC on Mac OS?

Hi lulukom!
Good point, I don't know. I fixed this now.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Audio Drag n Drop into track would be good rather than just Import Audio.

Sorry if this is old news, but I didn't find it here…
I've been doing a lot of dragging of MIDI files into RC, both to the piano roll and to the MIDI Import page. Many devices work fine for this, but quite a few I've tried seem to always be loaded with the first thing I dragged in from them. Iow, they don't refresh when I create and grab a new phrase at the source VST to place in RC, but DO refresh when dragging to a track in the daw that's hosting them, Logic in my case. So, the problem seems not to be at the source…

Also, when editing a double-clicked phrase in the P.Editor page, often when I first click on any note I want to change, the entire phrase (not selected) jumps forward (a grid step?) rather than allowing me to select the note, after which I can select the note. Since this is handy when the very first note is extending a little too far to the left and so doesn't trigger when it's also the first phrase in the track (often happens, I've noticed), I thought this might be a feature…? But when I then drag the finally edited phrase back into place in the Editor, when I update the phrase back into the timeline, it always comes back with extra space up front which needs to be sliced off…

crossovercable wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 am Audio Drag n Drop into track would be good rather than just Import Audio.
+1 for this please.

Yes, only then everyone will want to synchronize midi and audio, but these will already be DAW properties)))

David wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:16 am I've been doing a lot of dragging of MIDI files into RC, both to the piano roll and to the MIDI Import page. Many devices work fine for this, but quite a few I've tried seem to always be loaded with the first thing I dragged in from them. Iow, they don't refresh when I create and grab a new phrase at the source VST to place in RC, but DO refresh when dragging to a track in the daw that's hosting them, Logic in my case. So, the problem seems not to be at the source…
Hi David,

I fixed a silly dragging issue on macOS 2 days ago. I believe it was the same bug. It was a macOS-only problem. I am not ready to upload a beta version yet, but if you are willing to try the fixed version, I would gladly send you an update.

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 am
Hi David,

I fixed a silly dragging issue on macOS 2 days ago. I believe it was the same bug. It was a macOS-only problem. I am not ready to upload a beta version yet, but if you are willing to try the fixed version, I would gladly send you an update.

Thanks!
Attila
Sure, if that would be helpful for you, but I can wait, too:) Thanks!

Just noticed that the Phrase Inspector in Gear mode, line/option 1 ("Insert * at *") doesn't track (or doesn't do so here) the playhead position when it's returned to the start with the Return key, only when it's manually moved (EDIT: has to be CLICKED into position, not dragged); inconvenient!

Also, hitting + with a phrase selected and the browser set to, e.g., 2 Bars, inserts only a 1-bar phrase. To get 2, I need to click the "Insert * at…" option in the Inspector.

If I drag the start of a phrase forward beyond the start of the timeline, then generate new chords with the Master Track inspector, the phrase is deleted.

Am I wrong that there's NO phrase type on which the Phrase Variation "Transpose" actually does anything? Am I missing some setting elsewhere that would turn it on? TIA!

I don't know... The "Transpose" variation seems to work with every phrase type I tried.
Maybe you have a track variation that overrides that? I could figure it out if I had a composition file where this is reproduced.
If I drag the start of a phrase forward beyond the start of the timeline, then generate new chords with the Master Track inspector, the phrase is deleted.
Good catch! This is fixed now.
Just noticed that the Phrase Inspector in Gear mode, line/option 1 ("Insert * at *") doesn't track (or doesn't do so here) the playhead position when it's returned to the start with the Return key, only when it's manually moved (EDIT: has to be CLICKED into position, not dragged); inconvenient!
Yes, indeed. I fixed these issues too.
Also, hitting + with a phrase selected and the browser set to, e.g., 2 Bars, inserts only a 1-bar phrase. To get 2, I need to click the "Insert * at…" option in the Inspector.
Thanks for reporting this, this is also fixed.
v3.65 will be available in a few days so that you all have the latest and greatest.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm I don't know... The "Transpose" variation seems to work with every phrase type I tried.
Maybe you have a track variation that overrides that? I could figure it out if I had a composition file where this is reproduced.
Sent, thanks!

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm
Thanks for reporting this, this is also fixed.
v3.65 will be available in a few days so that you all have the latest and greatest.

Thanks,
Attila
Fantastic; Attila, you're a wonder:)

Hi Attila. 2 x low priority bugs. (v3.64 - Windows 10)

1. If you click on a chord in the master track.

Then press the letter "g" on the keyboard, it shuts down the app.
Very repeatable.

2. Even though preview instrument is set to SF2: RCPiano, I get like a click sound instead of piano. (easily sorted by changing the instrument).

This is intermittent so I'll figure out a way of recreating and let you know.

Cheers. Mike.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”