Roli Seaboard RISE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it is a Seabord Block M;

https://youtu.be/4kAr2wnvwO0?si=7nuVZrm9coLn_nNx

What’s new with Seaboard BLOCK M:
— Put Seaboard BLOCK M at the heart of your setup with a new MIDI out that enables direct control of other hardware instruments.
— Advanced customization of keywave response through a firmware upgrade, offering more nuanced MPE control.
— A more natural, intuitive playing experience with an improved velocity response curve.
— Durable design that has been refined to withstand the rigors of touring and extended studio sessions.
— Go computer-free with mode-switching on your BLOCK M – change between Single Channel, or MPE, and other modes once activated in Dashboard.
— Switch between your saved Equator2 or ROLI Studio presets by holding the side button and pressing the octave left and right buttons.
— Select your own ROLI Soundpacks to get you started with MPE.

the firmware will also come for the old Seabord blocks....

https://roli.com/products/blocks/seaboard-block-m

Glad to see the company crawling out the grave, even if the CEO is a douche. May they move many units.

Will it align with my old Seaboard block though?

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:46 pm Will it align with my old Seaboard block though?
Do you mean will it connect via the Blocks connectors? It looks like it will. Lumi connects to the old Seaboard Blocks and it should certainly connect to the new Seaboard Blocks, so they should connect with each other.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:49 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:46 pm Will it align with my old Seaboard block though?
Do you mean will it connect via the Blocks connectors? It looks like it will. Lumi connects to the old Seaboard Blocks and it should certainly connect to the new Seaboard Blocks, so they should connect with each other.
Connect, yes, but also still work as one surface and not have the 2 versions being too dissimilar for this to be usable

We'll find out... :-) I am at least excited that there will be a firmware update for the old blocks, too, which means that they are not becoming junk/abandonware. I am also wondering whether the new version has improved loading and energy management, something that I found quite unreliable with my old collection of blocks... In any case, further development of these is a good thing, as the blocks are really a wonderful controller, especially on the road (but also for a flexible modular setup at home or in the studio).

I just hope that the boss of the company doesn't mess it up ... again. The stories on the web are not reassuring. But yeah, second (or third?) chance, I guess.

Hello. Please tell me what MIDI commands are sent by the preset switching button on the Roli Seaboard Rise.

I decided last week to throw my Seaboard Block away. A clutch of keys in the middle of the board have stopped responding and the top, squishy bit has now completely separated from the base of the unit. It's basically f**ked after about 4 years of hardly being used and kept in an airtight Pelican case when not in use. That's around US$500 down the drain. Yay!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”