Rhino crashes on certain presets

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really really want to pay more attention to this plugin and also join the current preset sale but I am sick of it crashing when playing certain presets. PWM Sweep on the MAD bank is the latest one. The audio starts hanging and stuttering and I cannot silence it with a panic button or something similar. It will not go away until I restart my computer.

There were also a few instances with other presets which crashed my whole computer. I would love to try and duplicate it but I don't want to see any more blue screens.

Is there a solution for this? Did anyone experience anything similar? In case anyone asks, I have:

Reaper 4.78 x64
Windows 7 Sp1 64
Core i7 2600K
16GB DDR3 RAM
M-audio audiophile 192
Rhino 2.14 64bit

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Hi,

I haven't seen any crashes like this, but I'll try this particular preset and see what happens.

Any updates on your end?

I decided to take the chance and see if I could locate any other presets. The preset "Boom Boom" in the "Azul Vol.1 Loops" bank caused the same crash in my computer.

I normally use 96kHz as my sample rate in 24 bit and 1024 samples for the buffer. For a change, I was going through the presets in 44.1kHz 24bit and 512 samples before this "Boom Boom" crash.

EDIT - Happens in "Azul Vol 2. Synths" bank in the "Syndrome" preset as well.

Hmmm, not getting any crashes here - are you doing anything special, or just switching to this preset and playing a few notes ?

Nothing special. I just switch to one of the presets I mentioned above and press a few keys and that's it. The audio starts hanging and my DAW locks up.

Have Rhino 2 for two days now. Tested rhino2-x64.dll on reaper 4.78 and 5. pre Windows 8.1 64,
one server , one laptop.
Like yours, Rhino 2 crashes / DAW locks up, and the standalone rhino2-x64.exe too.
Today I have tried rhino2.dll (x86 bridged) for two hours now, no crashes so far.

11a12 wrote:Have Rhino 2 for two days now. Tested rhino2-x64.dll on reaper 4.78 and 5. pre Windows 8.1 64,
one server , one laptop.
Like yours, Rhino 2 crashes / DAW locks up, and the standalone rhino2-x64.exe too.
Today I have tried rhino2.dll (x86 bridged) for two hours now, no crashes so far.
Interesting. I will try it later today.

I just confirmed that 32 bit Rhino works fine. The issue seems to be with the 64 bit dll.

Is there anything else I can do to provide some information about the issue? Any plans to attempt and fix this?

Yeah I definitely want to fix it.

So... What can I do to help you reproduce or identify the issue? Are there any logs that I can provide?

None on PC, unfortunately.

ok I might have a beta x64 build for you to test. PM for details.

So SirKen, are we good with this beta ? Can I make it 2.15 official ?

It is definitely stable now. I purchased the All Presets Bundle and went through every single preset(for 5 seconds each) without a single crash. I did notice a few small things:

1. When using the keyboard up arrow to scroll through the preset list under the bank browser (the leftmost window), the scrolling bar moves an uneven amount. If I select the preset at the bottom and keep pressing up, the highlighted preset eventually falls outside of what the bank section shows.

2. In the Digital Synth 3 bank, the preset under "The Investigation" shows "[Empty preset]". If I click on it, it says:
"An error occured while loading a waveform Comb Synth/Bell 2"

FYI, I tried re-downloading the Digital Synth Preset Bank just in case it was a bad download before.

3. Keyboard Up and Down arrows don't do anything when a preset under library is selected. I haven't noticed this previously. Is this by design?

ok I'll look into these too before making it 1.5.

Return to “Big Tick”