V-Drums and VDrumLib librarian

Official support for: drumdrops.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to use your sample library and V drums midi mapping to load samples and maps onto USB stick and install them to a TD module (TD11) as user kits? I'm guessing the answer is no but we can live in hope :). If not, I own SSD4, BFD2 and SD2. I see that they can be used in two of the three with the V-drums midi mapping.

No I'm afraid it's not possible to install our samples into the TD11 brain itself.

The only packs that we fully support V-Drums with currently are our Kontakt Packs but you would need Kontakt 5 in order to use them.

The good news is that we are currently building a couple of kits for BFD that will be compatible with BFD2, which should be available pretty soon, so that will be your best bet for using our kits with the TD11.

OK Ben, thanks for the info.

That's good, I own BFD2. I don't plan on getting Kontakt. So, there aren't any kits that are compatible with SD2 or SSD4? I'm considering two kits, the Yamaha one because it's a Roland e-kit it'll be getting played on :P Mon the rebels! :) and the Mapex Saturn heavy rock kit which should be close to the Mapex Meridian/Black Panther snare my thirteen years old son owns. He's the drummer BTW, so this would be mainly used by him.

No unfortunately our kits aren't compatible with SSD4 or SD2 yet.

Our Multi-Velocity and Single-Hits packs do contain maps that for those pieces of software, but they are only basic and work with note data only, meaning that the hi-hats will probably be a little weird as the maps don't deal with the MIDI CC data that V-Kit hi-hats use.

Once we've released the first couple of kits, we'll be going through the back catalog so the Yamaha and the Mapex will definitely be ported into BFD soon.

Return to “Drumdrops”