Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

although this is not the main theme here, I just tested Zebra2 with Mixbus32C (till bitwig supports video sync somehow it will not be of much use for me ;( ) and it does work ok. there is some lag in loading the plugin and in the menus. resizing the gui needs restart to work well.
but mouse right click and the menus do work! (manjaro linux xfce desktop)

MTC has improved in Bitwig 2.3 Beta!

glokraw wrote:Using Bitwig 8 Track v1.3.16 in pclinuxos,
with lxde window manager, build V6987 of R1 and R5 are working.
Initial click in the preset browser takes
a slow slip and swallow of hot coffee to activate,
clicking on a folder or preset
from the browser pane takes about 2 seconds to open
the target, after that, vertical and horizontal
scrolling among sounds with arrow keys is quick/normal.
Good progress!
Same good results when testing in Mint 18
using Enlightenment window manager instead of lxde.
Cheers

!!R5 6897!!!
glokraw wrote:Same good results when testing in Mint 18
using Enlightenment window manager instead of lxde.
Cheers
Including R5?

Again I request, where are people getting it? It's not in the Repo-1 tarball and not on the U-he site from what I can find.

mclstr wrote: Again I request, where are people getting it? It's not in the Repo-1 tarball and not on the U-he site from what I can find.
The "Repro-1" tarball indeed includes the 2 plugins, but a single "object file", that is to say, both Repro-1 and Repro-5 are inside Repro-1.64.so.

This is very common in the VST world. Cheers.

ejgallego wrote:
mclstr wrote:
The "Repro-1" tarball indeed includes the 2 plugins, but a single "object file", that is to say, both Repro-1 and Repro-5 are inside Repro-1.64.so.

This is very common in the VST world. Cheers.
Oh OK. I was used to seeing it showing as a separate ".so" and since it is still not working for me. I may have to totally purge the old one and reinstall.

Thanks

MTC has improved in Bitwig 2.3 Beta!

this is the best news!!! I just tried and it runs in sync easily with Xjadeo... 8)

EDIT: Well not exactly: the video just keeps going forward, whatever happenes in the audio timeline. like that I had it already in bitwig2 running.. if anybody has a tweak using this the correct way would be much apprecciated!

As far as I can see, there's no report so far about how the new builds work in any open source hosts.
Which, to be honest, I find a bit odd in a Linux forum. :ud:

So here are my results:
Qtractor: No shock, it's still a grey box.
Ardour: Both the Repros and Zebra open quite easily, but at least for me they have great lag in the UI. Playing with a midi keyboard has no lag, but changing presets, turning knobs and so is frustrating, as it takes so much time before anything happens. The list of presets in Zebra also don't load for me, it says it's updating, and doesn't go out of that state.
Carla: The Repros actually seem to be working quite nicely, I don't notice any lag. Zebra also works a lot better than in Ardour, but has a noticeable lag in the UI.

Those are the ones I've tried.
Great progress! :)

mclstr wrote:
... it is still not working for me. I may have to totally purge the old one and reinstall.
OK. The purge worked. There were still bits and pieces left over from previous installs that I had missed. Some bits were left over from the very first beta version of Repro.

Repro-5 is still a CPU hog, but quite usable. I have only tested in the latest beta of Bitwig so far.

krans wrote:As far as I can see, there's no report so far about how the new builds work in any open source hosts. Which, to be honest, I find a bit odd in a Linux forum. :ud:
Hi krans, I reported on Ardour a while back with similar results. I think Ardour is VST2-only right? Then, the lag is consistent with what we see on BitWig VST2.

It makes more sense to report with BitWig as it supports VST3 and it supposed to include some improvements and it's abique main platform. Once the builds are stable we should of course submit feedback to QTracktor etc... For some reason neither my Ardour or Carla see VST3 plugins in my system... will investigate.

By the way, performance of BitWig is way better than Ardour [see my informal test here https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/12 ... ge=1#12471] so it makes sense it is our main DAW for those with licenses.

By the way, performance of BitWig is way better than Ardour [see my informal test here https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/12 ... ge=1#12471] so it makes sense it is our main DAW for those with licenses.
I would disagree on that. though bitwig might perform better cpu wise, it is just a very different tool from ardour. there are so many things i can do only with ardour/Mixbus and so many other things i can only do with bitwig.

But you can still check cpu usage specific to uhe plugins which I think may indicate a problem in uhe rather than in ardour

Well, this is a fact. I can run way more Diva instances in BitWig than in Ardour. Same with Repro. It would be interesting if you folks get different results.

A correction:

My tests were run with v6857 of Zebra2, Repro1, and Repro5. My tests with Diva VST3 were run with v5541. I'll update everything today and run a more relevant series of tests.

I'm also now on BWS 2.3b2.

Best,

dp

Greetings,

Can someone point me to a link for the latest Diva VST3 ?

TIA!

dp

Return to “u-he”