Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:"Vol" and "Width" knobs in Osc mixer should be unipolar :) Ditto "Phase" knob on Phase/Sync tab.
Good catch :) I suppose "Resol" from the EFFECTS tabs should be in this list too.

EvilDragon wrote:Regarding Mix1-4 modules, how about having this knob layout: Mix, Pan, Mod. This would allow to connect the mod knob with Pan as in other modules (if Pan label is on the LEFT side of the Pan knob, not the right). Consistency! :)
Yeah, I guess you're right. And maybe I should bring back the original size for Mix modules too.

Working on a better layout for MMix module. What do you think?
2014-08-23_22-14-25.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great work so far! Thanks for actively updating this! You rock!
:borg:

drzhnn wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:"Vol" and "Width" knobs in Osc mixer should be unipolar :) Ditto "Phase" knob on Phase/Sync tab.
Good catch :) I suppose "Resol" from the EFFECTS tabs should be in this list too.
Actualy "Resolution" is bipolar even in the default skin, so that one can be left as it is.

drzhnn wrote:Working on a better layout for MMix module. What do you think?
2014-08-23_22-14-25.png
Excellent! The slider can be thinner though, no need for it to be that thick. Can be half the height easily.

New update:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0824.0021.zip

Changes
- MMix: new look
- OSC: changed KeyFol, Phase, Volume and Width knobs to unipolar mode
- FMO: changed KeyFol knob to unipolar mode
- Comb: changed KeyFol knob to unipolar mode

For the MMix let's stick with the bigger sliders for now. I promise to make them smaller in the next update if this one isn't good enough for you :)

I must give a BIG THANKS for your incredible work on this!!!

With the latest UDH variant i am totally convinced!
I just wanted to ask a little color differences between modules and voila i just got it today! :D
It's so relaxed to see your skin for long time. I was surprised how agressive the original
silver modules on the eyes when i was switching back. (I was big fun for the original skin.)

To have all XY, Osc, and MSEG on one page is just brilliant.
I still can't believe how you could shrink the Mod Matrix to this small. 8)
drzhnn wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Regarding Mix1-4 modules, how about having this knob layout: Mix, Pan, Mod. This would allow to connect the mod knob with Pan as in other modules (if Pan label is on the LEFT side of the Pan knob, not the right). Consistency! :)
Yeah, I guess you're right. And maybe I should bring back the original size for Mix modules too.
May i ask the same about the filter module: Cutoff, Mod, Mod? Mod is usually on the right
on every module.

XMF is a bit rare looking, maybe i feel sorry for the tiny Resonance button, but i don't have
any good idea how to change it to be nicer.

If you could highlight the used module on the grid and on the left pane that would be great.
(green outlines?)

Almost shame to ask but i would like to have green for the normal pot values and orange for all the Mods. That would separate them more and could be also more relaxing to see.
Perhaps i could get back the feeling: i am working with the original Zebra. :)

Thanks again! :clap:

No, really... this is like the best Zebra skin I've seen so far... but I won't used it... :P

I hesitated to post until now, but the main reason I won't use it is because I got immersed into the current "official" skin...

all that aside... the skin seems really great, congrats and thanks for sharing! :tu:

Will you do UDH version for Zebrify as well? :)

From this point onward I'll have to merge edits manually because I've changed the text of a decent amount of labels (I like "Track" more than "KeyFol", "Feed" more than "Feedbk", etc.), plus I made the knobs not change radius (which I like better), plus where the text is green I made the knobs green as well (also all knobs in the Voice module are green now, too), and reverb diffusor knobs are grey...

Voice and FX grids now show which module is selected in a brighter grey. I've dealt with the three MSEG mode buttons, now it's clearer what they are. Also, for VCF1-6 I changed the places of Cutoff knob and its mod knobs as Hollo requested. AND, all modulation knobs are now red instead orange, as well as associated text labels (Matrix has a different background that fits better with red text now). :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Weird behaviour: selecting a module in FX grid automatically changes to Synth tab if you were on Lib tab... Selecting a module in voice grid doesn't do that.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying this skin :)
hollo wrote:It's so relaxed to see your skin for long time. I was surprised how agressive the original
silver modules on the eyes when i was switching back. (I was big fun for the original skin.)
Same here :) There's another thing. The color of text labels. I have a pseudo-scientific theory that our brain needs some time to switch from black-on-white reading mode to white-on-black. And vice versa. The original skin is full of those things and I always had this feeling like my brain is bumping onto something... The original Unempty Dark Horse skin is much better in this sense. And with Zebra Redux I don't have those lags at all. Which is probably just a personal thing anyway :lol:
hollo wrote:May i ask the same about the filter module: Cutoff, Mod, Mod? Mod is usually on the right
on every module.
Yeah. It's coming.
hollo wrote:If you could highlight the used module on the grid and on the left pane that would be great.
(green outlines?)
I can do that. It's just doesn't look right to me, because the selection has rounded borders and I can't fix it:
2014-08-24_14-39-21.png
2014-08-24_14-38-42.png
hollo wrote:Almost shame to ask but i would like to have green for the normal pot values and orange for all the Mods. That would separate them more and could be also more relaxing to see.
Perhaps i could get back the feeling: i am working with the original Zebra. :)
I'm going to make some additional color schemes in the future, so I'll keep your request in mind. But I can't promise it in the next update. I try to avoid fragmentation for as long as possible.
3ee wrote:I hesitated to post until now, but the main reason I won't use it is because I got immersed into the current "official" skin...
No problem :) Zebra Redux was never intended to replace the original skin. It's definitely not for everybody. Personally, I think of it as of a sound designer's toolkit.
EvilDragon wrote:Will you do UDH version for Zebrify as well? :)
Yeah, it's already in work :)
EvilDragon wrote: Weird behaviour: selecting a module in FX grid automatically changes to Synth tab if you were on Lib tab... Selecting a module in voice grid doesn't do that.
Weird indeed. I'll see what I can do.
EvilDragon wrote: From this point onward I'll have to merge edits manually because I've changed the text of a decent amount of labels (I like "Track" more than "KeyFol", "Feed" more than "Feedbk", etc.), plus I made the knobs not change radius (which I like better), plus where the text is green I made the knobs green as well (also all knobs in the Voice module are green now, too), and reverb diffusor knobs are grey...
I really like what you did :) In the next update I'll include the development versions of my Zebra2.txt, Zebrify.txt and ZRev.txt with all the formatting and comments so it's a little easier for you to go on.

cat keeps attacking the mouse cursor of the .gifs :lol: its huge :hihi:
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

drzhnn wrote:I really like what you did :) In the next update I'll include the development versions of my Zebra2.txt, Zebrify.txt and ZRev.txt with all the formatting and comments so it's a little easier for you to go on.
Could you please leave the "Mod" and "Green" knobs definitions that I did in your official skin, just change the colors in the definitions to your orange "new red" as you called it? It would be much easier for me to change just the definition of those knobs than replacing the text itself on each and every mod knob manually. Sorry I didn't do this on your latest version where you changed the look of MMix, it might take you a bit more time to merge my edits with your current version... But thanks anyways, if you indeed will leave the new knob definitions in! :)

EvilDragon wrote:Could you please leave the "Mod" and "Green" knobs definitions that I did in your official skin, just change the colors in the definitions to your orange "new red" as you called it? It would be much easier for me to change just the definition of those knobs than replacing the text itself on each and every mod knob manually. Sorry I didn't do this on your latest version where you changed the look of MMix, it might take you a bit more time to merge my edits with your current version... But thanks anyways, if you indeed will leave the new knob definitions in! :)
I'm afraid it's not possible at this point. Sorry. I'm currently working on implementing the support for user color schemes. I'm in the process of changing variables names and simplifying things. So, leaving your changes won't help anyway. This is the main reason why I haven't released development versions of the scripts yet. Fragmentation. And you are the first victim of it :hihi: But hopefully, after the next update customizing Zebra Redux will become lot easier for everybody.

Return to “u-he”