Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like what you've done. But, on my 15" MacBook the bottom of the GUI is cut off when using the 'Normal; size. When I change to the 'Small' size to see it all, I can't see the details with my old eyes! I don't know how it displays on this size laptop screen in other DAWs.

I really like the idea of seeing multiple OSC details on one page. Ditto for MSGs, etc.

sinkmusic wrote:Is there any plan to make this knob & colorscheme available, but with the "classic" interface (i mean : everything in the usual place) ?
I'm afraid I don't have such plans for now. Sorry.
ho66it wrote:on my 15" MacBook the bottom of the GUI is cut off when using the 'Normal; size. When I change to the 'Small' size to see it all, I can't see the details with my old eyes! I don't know how it displays on this size laptop screen in other DAWs.
Yeah, It's a known issue. The skin is optimized to be used in 'Normal' mode on monitors with resolution 1920x1200 px and higher. I'm sad to say so, but I don't have any working solution for people with smaller monitors as for now. Sorry.

No problem. I can see it just fine on my desktop display! At such time as u-he may implement the GUI re-sizing in 10% increments in Zebra, will this GUI be capable of that also? Sorry if this question is redundant too.

ho66it wrote:At such time as u-he may implement the GUI re-sizing in 10% increments in Zebra, will this GUI be capable of that also?
I don't see why not. Actually this skin should be even more 10%-zoom-feature friendly, because it doesn't use graphic files for module backgrounds, knobs and some other elements. They are calculated and drawn by Zebra in realtime. So they will look sharp at any zoom level. As for PNG files, I can always redraw them if needed.

drzhnn wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. The red circular thing should become a full red ring when it is set to 100%. Like so:
full_circle.gif
This is what I get:

Wow! This is really weird. But I'm starting to see a pattern here. Looks like your Zebra doesn't like drawing full circles for some reason :) I have an idea of what might be causing this. I'll try to fix it in the next update.

~Pd~ wrote:
drzhnn wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. The red circular thing should become a full red ring when it is set to 100%. Like so:
full_circle.gif
This is what I get:

I get that too
:borg:

New update:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0823.0525.zip

Changes
- Arpeggiator: changed transpose behaviour. Left-click anywhere on a vertical row moves the note one semitone up. Right-click opens up transpose context menu. Mouse wheel moves notes up and down
- UI: possible fix for disappearing elements (unipolar knobs and knob backgrounds)
- UI: fixed a bug with EXTRA tab in new Zebra build 2570
- UI: additional color scheme inspired by Unempty Dark Horse skin
- MMix: fixed some display issues

Installation
- just copy Zebra Redux and Zebra Redux UDH folders to your Zebra2.data\Support\Themes folder

Wow, even better now with some contrast in UDH variant. Splendid!

What I would now suggest is adding operations in the MMix modules as part of the background pane, so when you change the MMix mode, it would spell things out for you in a clearer way. :) And the 3 modulators should be in a box (just like MMix type selector), don't you think?

Thanks!
EvilDragon wrote:What I would now suggest is adding operations in the MMix modules as part of the background pane, so when you change the MMix mode, it would spell things out for you in a clearer way. :)
You mean bringing back the MMix guideline graphics from the original skin?

Well, more or less. You could just add the operators between the modulators. So it would be:

Code: Select all

[  ] + [  ] + [  ] + [  ]
[  ] + [  ] + [  ] x [  ] 
Not sure how to denote third mode. But increasing the height of MMix pane a little can't hurt, can it? :)

Just noticed. Oscillator KeyFol knob should be bipolar. :)

Also, perhaps a cool idea would be using different color for reverb diffusor parameters (D-Range/Feed/Mix/Speed/Depth), so they are more easily discerned?

And we can't tell which module is selected in the grid (both for generators and for FX), this should be easy to change?

EvilDragon wrote:Just noticed. Oscillator KeyFol knob should be bipolar. :)
Yeah, also in FMOs and Combs. Thanks!

As for MMix, I'll try to do something about it. Personally, I feel like menu labels saying "sum modulation", "scale sum by const" and "fade 1/2 by 3xC" are descriptive by themselves. Well, I mean, if I haven't read the manual, I wouldn't understand how this module works even with the original graphics :) But after I've read the manual, those graphics aren't really helping much. They're just wasting space :)

At least it would help if you could enumerate which is 1, 2, 3 or C. :)

Regarding Mix1-4 modules, how about having this knob layout: Mix, Pan, Mod. This would allow to connect the mod knob with Pan as in other modules (if Pan label is on the LEFT side of the Pan knob, not the right). Consistency! :)

"Vol" and "Width" knobs in Osc mixer should be unipolar :) Ditto "Phase" knob on Phase/Sync tab.

Return to “u-he”