Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One more thing: I absolutely LOVE what you did in XMF - you linked which mod knobs are related to which parameters on the background (well, except for the main cutoff knob, which you might want to add?)! I think all modules could benefit from this, if possible!

(How did you do it? I can't see anything in the Images folder that looks like those connection lines.)

EvilDragon wrote:Perhaps you could make it a 5-way tab between XY1-4 and FX? Hm, that would still be a bit weird...
I tried that :) The width of the central pane is smaller, I'll have to redesign all the FX modules to fit this space nicely. So for example new VCF5 will look quite different compared to VCF1 in generators pane.
EvilDragon wrote:What if you added some graphics below those buttons that would explain which one is what? As part of the background pane for the MSEG.
I'll try, but the vertical size of the module will increase.
EvilDragon wrote:One more thing: I absolutely LOVE what you did in XMF - you linked which mod knobs are related to which parameters on the background (well, except for the main cutoff knob, which you might want to add?)! I think all modules could benefit from this, if possible!
Will do :)

BTW, I just tried sliders with handles in ArpMod. Does it look better this way? Or I'd better stick with previous version and just fix that visual glitch?
2014-08-21_17-31-36.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, I like those sliders much better, personally!

EvilDragon wrote:(How did you do it? I can't see anything in the Images folder that looks like those connection lines.)
This is the cool part :) I stepped away from the idea of having graphics for module backgrounds and knobs. So I draw all the modules using Zebra script features. Basically those are just semitransparent white and black panels placed one on top of the others, overlapping and creating different shades of grey. The guidelines for the XMF module you are talking about is in xmf_guidlines.png and it's just another semitransparent layer. This way I don't have to redraw all the graphics if I need to just change the size of a module.

Very cool!

How do you instal this without overwriting everything else?

aMUSEd wrote:How do you instal this without overwriting everything else?
Just copy Zebra Redux folder to your Zebra2.data\Support\Themes\

That's it.

OK got it - I do like the individual modules and the fact that it exposes much more graphically but i don't like it being taller than it is wide because it makes it impossible to use larger sized - also there needs to be a cursor or crosshair in the XY's otherwise how do you know where it is?

I'm afraid the skin is optimized for "Normal" size only at this point (unless you have a screen resolution bigger than 1920x1200 px).

Why am I not seeing the little orange dot in the XY?

aMUSEd wrote:Why am I not seeing the little orange dot in the XY?
Have you tried closing and reopening Zebra? Or restarting your DAW? I'm serious.

Still not showing

This is weird. I've no clue why it doesn't work for you. Which OS and DAW do you use?

OSX Mavericks - Tracktion 5.

I'm not seeing the orange dots in the XY or in the EQ either. Also using Mavericks, but with Reaper64 instead of Tracktion.

Return to “u-he”