ReFine support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ReFine

Totally agree about the master channel : the settings are already perfect. But the plugin also works great as a "soundgoodizer" on individual instruments, and for this the settings aren't strong enough in my opinion.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Found a glitch with Refine 1.0.5 VST3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8:
It makes Cubase 6.5.5 crash and disappear after being loaded on a mono channel, as soon as the sound is going thru it.

Great plugin anyway that I use a lot!

Thanks for the report. I fixed the crash with mono instances and uploaded 1.0.6 on kvr.
I'll also have a look to add a "channel" toggle or something similar that'll increase the effect with a further update.

One last suggestion if you allow me to : everytime you use ReFine on your master channel, each tweak slightly boosts the global volume, right ? So if your master channel was already close from maximum volume, using Refine will saturate the sound. Meaning you have to lower all your tracks if you want to use ReFine, or insert another plugin on your master channel that allows lowering volume. Why not simply add a "out vol" knob or auto-lower volume on ReFine instead ?
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:One last suggestion if you allow me to : everytime you use ReFine on your master channel, each tweak slightly boosts the global volume, right ? So if your master channel was already close from maximum volume, using Refine will saturate the sound. Meaning you have to lower all your tracks if you want to use ReFine, or insert another plugin on your master channel that allows lowering volume. Why not simply add a "out vol" knob or auto-lower volume on ReFine instead ?
Good idea, or some kind of auto-gain.
It's easy if you know how

is there any chance for a audiounit version of Refine? I would like to use it in Logic X..

It took some time, but I just release an update for ReFine which includes AudioUnit support and adds a x2 toogle to increase the effect.
The plugin can be downloaded on kvr.

A welcome improvement to one of 2014's KVRDC standouts. That 2x is x-nice on tracks with subtle changes, to heighten them in a different way than comp or eq. Thank you!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Thank you!
It's easy if you know how

Is it possible to get 1.0.6 version of Refine as 1.1.0 does not start at Vista in MuLab 6? It returns a message saying that it is not able to start as the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll has not been found. Or maybe it's possible to debug it. Mac version works on 10.6.8

You can use these links for 1.0.6: Windows / Mac
It might be I forgot to link some stuff statically; I'll have a look.

Thank you!
This is seems to be adding the magic! :o :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”