Neutron?

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's no new info about this VSTi people from Muon software, I know the wait has been so long for so many people that they already forget this VSTi,

So.....

NEWS?

A public (or not ublic but at least) beta version

Been a while since I last saw any posts regarding Neutron. I'm interested in this as a complete drum/loopslicer tool for Tracktion. So.. close to complete or still a long way off?

Breakpete wrote:Been a while since I last saw any posts regarding Neutron. I'm interested in this as a complete drum/loopslicer tool for Tracktion. So.. close to complete or still a long way off?
Seems like there is a demand for VSTI software devolopers..

Hmmm ... it's been a fair old while now. So, Dave ... what is Muon doing next? Tau mk2 was a long time ago ...

(Just interested to hear :wink: )

echosonic wrote:Hmmm ... it's been a fair old while now. So, Dave ... what is Muon doing next? Tau mk2 was a long time ago ...

(Just interested to hear :wink: )
November first of this year will make two years since Neutron was first announced. I used to give Dave a hard time just kidding around and called it vapourware back then. I'm afraid it now must be seriously considered vapourware. :?

hardly any need to do it now at all probably.

except if it's so special.

I mean, those who needed it probably got something else, right?

k

Not really. The problem is that Neutron, and Tachyon, have become fatally intertwined. Neutron is based on our Tachyon engine, which over the last year we have been busy customising for a number of commercial clients. AMG ONE/solo is the first fruit of that collaboration, and there are 6 more plugins we're working on for AMG and other clients. You could actually say that AMG ONE, when it is released, is Neutron's big brother maybe.

It's really unfortunate that in concentrating on these projects I've had little time to finish stuff I wanted to release ages ago under the Muon brand. I'm sorry to have say but it makes more sense for us now to spend the majority of our time developing for big commercial clients like AMG who've got the marketing muscle to throw behind a product and get it on the shelves than try and release software for the retail market ourselves :cry:

What we've been doing in the meantime is to try and scale up our development resources by hiring extra programmers to free me up to do all the stuff that needs doing around here. It's been a difficult year but there *will* be more products released under the Muon brand in the future even if it kills me :lol:

Kind regards
Dave

Hi Dave,

please make sure it doesn't kill you. :)

Problem with running your own business is that you never know when to stop working. Thankfully I have a wife that reminds me, every so often, to go and pay her some attention :lol:

Here's some information I haven't shared on KVR yet. I'm going to be a father - our first baby is due in January. So I guess I better get plenty more code written between now and then while I can still sleep at night!!

Cheers
Dave

congrats Dave and Mrs Muon, that is cool news. Hope it all goes well. f**k the software, more important things are on the way (tho i guess the software will help buy the nappies :hihi: )

:D

LOL - I'm told that you get used to changing nappies....

Congrats Dave!!

:band:

Muon Software Ltd wrote:LOL - I'm told that you get used to changing nappies....
kind of :?

shit happens :hihi:

Thanks guys. Mini Muon is due to arrive last week of December/first week of Jan. Hope he's not going to be as late as Neutron :P

In the words of one of our clients though, he'll be the "best product I ever release" :shock:

Cheers!
Dave

congrats dave and mrs dave !!!

look on the bright side ... all those sleepless nights are actually extra neutron coding hours !!!

slainte :hihi: rob

Return to “Muon Software”