Neutron?

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey

I'm in need of a drum sampler with its own sequencer (Neutron's going to have one as I've seen), but sudden price drop of dr-008 makes it quite attractive.

Please hurry up, so I can compare them (my budget doesn't allow both of them).

I've only few weeks left to decide.

K

Neutron will be some time off just yet.

Regards
Dave

Quoted from a Nov 1 2002 post:
"To take the questions one by one...

1. No step sequencer, sorry
2. Price will be $50 (though there'll probably be an early-bird discount)
3. Release - very soon!

Regards
Dave"

C'mon Dave,I love you dude but........going on a year and a half since Neutron was first announced.I know you've added a lot of features since then but....... :? :D

Yep,

Step sequencer added for every channel (if I remember it right). Price stays hopefully.

3. Even sooner now :lol:

k

Neutron is just one of those projects :cry:

At the time we thought of Neutron initially it was simply supposed to be a reskinned SR202, but we opted to add some interesting features to make it a little more than that before the original announcement January 2003 when we redesigned the website.

Shortly after announcing Neutron some very big players in the sample CD market picked up on this, and we hatched the idea with them of integrating some of their groovy loop libraries with Neutron and the Tachyon project as it is now was born.

Since that point I've been rushed off my feet working with some big-name clients and developing their ideas to the point where we've got a really, really hot piece of technology now. I'm very sorry that it took longer than expected and that pretty much everything else had to go on hold during that time.

Neutron will get some loving from the Muon team fairly soon, and you'll also be in hog heaven with the Tachyon releases coming from our partners later this year too. Then I get to go have a long lie down :lol:

Regards
Dave

PS - if you want to have some fun with other developers on a similar theme, ask Angus politely where MindFX has got to :P :lol:

torhan wrote:How about microtonic: http://www.kvr-vst.com/get/759.html
I have it :D and want more.

K

Muon Software Ltd wrote: ... fairly soon...
oh no, please :cry: :cry: not fairly soon (that's worse than soon in my book)

k

Muon Software Ltd wrote:PS - if you want to have some fun with other developers on a similar theme, ask Angus politely where MindFX has got to :P :lol:
He just politely declines to respond :hihi: Supposedly they have gotten around to changing the year of the ETA on the website!

I guess a rough eta is out of the question? :)

I'm currently looking for some quality beatslicing software to go with Orion. It allready has some basic functionality, but I need more.

Are there plans for any spesific genre sound disks to go with Neutron?

This is the first time I heard of Neutron. I want it immediately.

AD80 wrote:This is the first time I heard of Neutron. I want it immediately.
:lol: Compared to those of us who first heard of it a year ago and wanted it immediately, you will be getting it right away!
Breakpete wrote:I'm currently looking for some quality beatslicing software to go with Orion. It allready has some basic functionality, but I need more.
Well, there are others... I'd point you to them here, if it weren't a rude thing to do... Because there is a quality, inexpensive beat slicer out there... It's as solid as concrete and will dice up those loops for you... :wink:

pough wrote:
AD80 wrote:This is the first time I heard of Neutron. I want it immediately.
:lol: Compared to those of us who first heard of it a year ago and wanted it immediately, you will be getting it right away!
:lol: Really all I want is a Battery style drum machine (stable, very stable, fairly simple) but with filters and a few other options. Neutron looks like it could suit me very well.

Just curious, has there every been an update for SR-202? I got curious after reading this thread and popped in my Computer Music CD and loaded SR202. I forgot how clean a drum machine it was. Pretty cool. I wish it had a way to auto preview the samples in the browser tho, I feel like I'm guessing which sound I'll load. Anyways enough rambling :ud: I have SR202 version 1.0.0.0.

There have been several updates to SR202 - pop over to our website and have a look in the support area. There's a new update coming soon too that fixes a few issues here and there, especially with more modern hosts like SX2.

Sorry about the delays on Neutron, there's a massive backlog of stuff here waiting to get finished and released. We've had some terrible "growing pains" you could say this year as we've tried to push the business in a new direction with Tachyon and its had a knock on effect on all our plans.

Regards
Dave

:lol:

Return to “Muon Software”