ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am I just getting old, or has death become too common? It seems like we keep losing people these days. Sad indeed! :-(

Does anyone know where we can locate a decent picture of him? I can't seem to find one :?

Here's one... Although it's not really as decent as Neil Fellowes' photos, but those were purposedly done to be "mysterious" :)

Nice, thank you!

It's some I'm around kvr and I've always respected and looked at people like him, being able to do such a good and inspiring job as computer music instruments creator and developer.
His generousity too in releasing really nice and good freebies as well has been often much appreciated.
Great loss.
My condolences to his family and friends.
D.

I sampled my Wurlitzer 120, which Steve got involved with when I reached out for help, then ended up releasing as Tublitzer. It came out way better than I could have done on my own, and much better than expected. He was a good guy. Big loss. My condolences.

I got the news from Atomic Shadow himself, and I was deeply shocked; I've been a Hollow Sun customer for well over a year now; may he RIP.

Sad news indeed. I too hope that his family will benefit from the Hollow Sun legacy.

Rest in peace my friend, we will all meet you on the other side someday.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Just read about it on FB, almost couldn't believe it. :(

Every single time I asked Steve about sampled libraries and copyright, he went above and beyond to give me clear and complete explanations, always a gentlemen and open to further contact.

Really sad to know about it. My condolences to his family and close friends.

I got note of this due to another thread, and the first thought that came to mind was:

"No! No f*cking way! Please no!".

Steve was a nice chap. I remember our emails regarding "GUIShell". Yes, I was late to the game last year. But this tool opened a new path in terms of songwriting for me. We even exchanged the one or another idea.

Man, WTF is going on recently?! A lot of developers are dropping off of the planet. Sure, life is not eternal and the only constant thing is change. But this is the first time that I am really deeply shocked in the music community.

As Hollow Sun user, I hope for the best. Even after this sudden passing. And with Atomic Shadow and Hideaway Studio as backup, I'm sure that the Hollow Sun legacy will live on.

Lost for better words - really.
All I can say is "my sincerest condolences".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Very sad indeed. I didn't have any personal dealings with Steve, but I have bought a few of his products, and have often considered just getting all of them, they're so good. Very sorry to hear that we've lost him. I think I'll go buy the Vks-70 that I've been planning to get.

RIP
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

So sad…
It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic

terrible news indeed. Steve's soundsets are a never ending source of inspiration.

RIP
"It dreamed itself along"

Very sad news. Hollow Sun instruments are true originals. Vale Steve.

We were very lucky to have Steve around for the time we did.
I'll miss his honesty, attention to detail and dry wit.
His work will live on.
Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Return to “Hollow Sun”