Controller : Bitwig and a tablet : Android, iOS, ...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just unburied a Korg nanoKontrol, put it on the table next to an iPad and realized that we are in year 2014.

If someone has some info about controller apps for Bitwig, he can win some eternal gratitude by posting it here ;)
Music

I think a script for your Korg is in the
Bitwig-Studio/Resources/Controllers folder. Others posted
earlier that it works well. It's worth skimming
the thousands of earlier bitwig topics, for nuggets of good luck :)
Cheers

I'd also like to see support for using an Android tablet to control Bitwig. You can do this in Ardour, and it rocks - particularly for live performances.

I think Lemur for Ipad should work ?

Lemur should work fine if you set it up, but v-control pro on ipad in 'MCU' mode works just fine with no hassles at all.

I have TouchDAW working great with BWS from my Android phone (I don't have a tablet). It simulates a MCU. Not as flexible as Lemur etc. but easy to set up (I use it over WiFi). There is a free version for testing.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I would like to use my android tablet like a midi controller / MT-88 and use its touch interface to create note sequences and patterns. I have an Ubuntu laptop with Bigwig 1.x, which is connected to my Alesis Quadrasynth midi keyboard. One of my motivations is I dislike using a mouse to enter notes and Bitwig does not have a proper step editor. I was wondering if I can use Chrome Remote Desktop with my android tablet to control Bitwig on my laptop. My laptop does not have a touchscreen. Has anyone tried this? Is the workflow too complicated?

Thanks!

RDP connection with multitouch is working with Windows. If you have The Tablet already just try it.

I know there are other apps out there but I am actually finishing this one this year(I had to get some other Android things done in the last year) that is just exclusively Bitwig and uses OSC.

Now that the controller API is in Java it makes this app way less complicated for me to finish. I have the browser integrated and am planning different types of sequencers and stuff like Push4Bitwig and my old Maschine4Bitwig.

This video is old but shows what I actually had working in 2015. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DshblWnmUM
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

WOW!
That looks freaking awesome TeotiGraphix!!!
I knew/read you were building this. But forgot about it.
But great GREAT news you took it off the shelf again!

I wanted to share that I tried chrome remote desktop and it didn't work well. You remote into a virtual desktop, which is not identical to the actual desktop e.g. no wallpaper background. I was able to load Bitwig, but was unable to send any midi data to my keyboard. The remote desktop lacked the functionality of the soundcard. Bitwig did not load with jack or alsa. Plus, Everything was too small on the tablet to be practical.

aeoluslaude wrote:I wanted to share that I tried chrome remote desktop and it didn't work well. You remote into a virtual desktop, which is not identical to the actual desktop e.g. no wallpaper background. I was able to load Bitwig, but was unable to send any midi data to my keyboard. The remote desktop lacked the functionality of the soundcard. Bitwig did not load with jack or alsa. Plus, Everything was too small on the tablet to be practical.
I gave the Duet app a try which works as another display to your PC or Mac. I tried it on a iPad Air 2 with my Windows 10 laptop. It works suprisingly good!
I switched Bitwig to touchmode and it felt like Bitwig was running on the iPad. Only drawback (or advantage) is that you need a cable connection.

TeotiGraphix wrote:I know there are other apps out there but I am actually finishing this one this year(I had to get some other Android things done in the last year) that is just exclusively Bitwig and uses OSC.

Now that the controller API is in Java it makes this app way less complicated for me to finish. I have the browser integrated and am planning different types of sequencers and stuff like Push4Bitwig and my old Maschine4Bitwig...
WOW, awesome TeotiGraphix! Where can i test it? I'am looking for while now something like that.
And hey, you are the dev of the Lil Drum Machine. Hope it gets Ableton Link. :hihi:
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

n0j0e wrote:WOW, awesome TeotiGraphix! Where can i test it? I'am looking for while now something like that.
And hey, you are the dev of the Lil Drum Machine. Hope it gets Ableton Link. :hihi:
So many things to do, I stopped posting here mainly because life has a way of the river, never know where you go. :)

I wish I knew how much interest was in an app like this, for me it's about time and I felt this type of app was niche especially since it would only be available on Android in the start.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

I can speak only for me. I will this Bitwig remote app! And i am willing to donate some bucks for you when it works well with Bitwig 2.2.3/2.3! Also i promote this app for you on every situation like posting on forums or comments.

And i know what you mean with life time river. My son and the rest of my family eats time like Homer donuts.
Last edited by n0j0e on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

Return to “Bitwig”