Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, back to topic, feature request, I already made them via e-mail, but perhaps doing it here too may get more support.

- ability to create categories for favourites, so when coming across a nice preset, it can be added to a particular category in favourites, like "Soft Plucks", "Hard Plucks", "Synths" etc. Should be able to add additional categories as some of us are more organised than others ;p. Ideally, by right clicking on a sound, or failing that, like in Dune 3, by dragging into a tagged category folder.

- a master volume knob along the top, when in preset browser, some are too loud or too quiet, to be able to quickly change the volume would help without coming out of the preset browser.

Love Spire, my favourite, most usable and playable sounds, I keep buying libraries that make you fall in love with Spire over and over! Howard Smith and Bellatrix Audio, wow!

Mailed them today asking about the update to vst3. Seems they have some "unforseen bugs and hurdles". Quoted. Dont know how long its gonna take. Dont think its going to be released in 2022. God I love and hate my mac studio

soundof wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:40 pm - a master volume knob along the top, when in preset browser, some are too loud or too quiet, to be able to quickly change the volume would help without coming out of the preset browser.

Love Spire, my favourite, most usable and playable sounds, I keep buying libraries that make you fall in love with Spire over and over! Howard Smith and Bellatrix Audio, wow!
There is a volume knob on the bottom right when you are browsing patches. I don't know if this is something new or something I've never noticed before, but I just realized it's there a few weeks ago. I'm running version 1.5.11-x64 (build 5226). It sometimes doesn't get quite as loud as I'd like, so I still have to play with the individual OSC volumes.

I'm right there with you. Howard Smith and Bellatrix Audio are my favorites. "Eve", from Bellatrix Audio, is what initially got me to check out the Spire demo.

iPlogger wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am
soundof wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:40 pm - a master volume knob along the top, when in preset browser, some are too loud or too quiet, to be able to quickly change the volume would help without coming out of the preset browser.

There is a volume knob on the bottom right when you are browsing patches. I don't know if this is something new or something I've never noticed before, but I just realized it's there a few weeks ago. I'm running version 1.5.11-x64 (build 5226). It sometimes doesn't get quite as loud as I'd like, so I still have to play with the individual OSC volumes.

I'm right there with you. Howard Smith and Bellatrix Audio are my favorites. "Eve", from Bellatrix Audio, is what initially got me to check out the Spire demo.
I believe that the volume know was silently added in 1.5.11 version with new reverbs, but Reveals simply haven't added it to the change log :wink:
call me hand

iPlogger wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:03 am

Thanks, you are right, never noticed it, thinking it was put there as a tester before the final release with very simple graphics, hence why it's so easy to miss it (I think at least). Thanks Reveal Sound!

Yeah, meanwhile I've sold this plugin.

FakeNatty wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:15 pm Is a paid add-on coming to Spire? MPE as paid DLC? Animations in modulation as paid DLC?
I would pay for an upgrade to Spire that included MPE support.
Core i9-7940X | Asus Prime X299-A | 64GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 950 Pro 2TB Sys, 860 Evo 4TB Data | Steinberg UR824 & CC121 | Virus TI Desktop | Roli Seabord Rise 2 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Nektar Aura | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 | Cubase Pro 12

Omniphonix wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:56 pm
FakeNatty wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:15 pm Is a paid add-on coming to Spire? MPE as paid DLC? Animations in modulation as paid DLC?
+ paid NKS support, please
and VST3, also paid :hihi:

While the plugin was built pretty damn good, it looks like Spire developers are now having a hard time releasing updates :(
Hope this gets off the ground.
a set of teeth attached to a rotating chain driven along a guide bar :D

Chainsaw wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:50 pm
Omniphonix wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:56 pm
+ paid NKS support, please
and VST3, also paid :hihi:

While the plugin was built pretty damn good, it looks like Spire developers are now having a hard time releasing updates :(
Hope this gets off the ground.
Yup- put these in V2 and I will pay quite happily... :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It's been almost half a year since I can't use it because Cubase decides to drop VST2 support. Sometimes I miss it.
I hope the developers will finish this before I completely forget about its existence...
radiance of the void

Seems crazy they are just abandoning their users, Cubase is a very popular DAW.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

VST3 and MPE.
It is 2023 after all…

SLiC wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:19 pm Seems crazy they are just abandoning their users, Cubase is a very popular DAW.
To me, it's more like Cubase just abandoning VST2 developers. Everything worked great, right?
Being a developer in another field I know that migration can be a disaster.

I saw some older messages here that it is almost finished.
Apparently it still takes time...
radiance of the void

Anchor wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:05 am
SLiC wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:19 pm Seems crazy they are just abandoning their users, Cubase is a very popular DAW.
To me, it's more like Cubase just abandoning VST2 developers. Everything worked great, right?
Being a developer in another field I know that migration can be a disaster.

I saw some older messages here that it is almost finished.
Apparently it still takes time...
Well, whatever you think of Steinberg doing it they did give a lot of advanced notice...all other developers seemed to manage. I don't use Cubase personably so I am unaffected but Spire is the only VST I use that is VST2....but I also use CLAP now when possible, but I am not pushing my luck asking for that!

Anchor wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:39 pm It's been almost half a year since I can't use it because Cubase decides to drop VST2 support. Sometimes I miss it.
I hope the developers will finish this before I completely forget about its existence...
Cubase on the Mac?

You can use a plugin chainer like Kushview element
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Reveal Sound”