News

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spire

What about Spire roadmap?

Stan Navi wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:08 am What about Spire roadmap?
Here it is----

50% off January sale
40% off Spring sale
40% off Summer Sale
50% off Black Friday sale
50% off Christmas Sale
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:50 am
Here it is----

50% off January sale
40% off Spring sale
40% off Summer Sale
50% off Christmas Sale
Great! Thanks!
Nice to see that development is still active! :tu: :clap:

Stan Navi wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:27 am
SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:50 am
Here it is----

50% off January sale
40% off Spring sale
40% off Summer Sale
50% off Christmas Sale
Great! Thanks!
Nice to see that development is still active! :tu: :clap:
Joking aside, I wonder if they are working on a V2 (perhaps paid) as they only have 1 product and you can only make so much money discounting in sales- eventually everyone who wants it will have it! I love Spire and would pay for a decent update, its a great synth. Maybe they will just get VST3 out fist as a maintenance update and then do a V2 (like Avenger)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:38 am

Joking aside, I wonder if they are working on a V2 (perhaps paid) as they only have 1 product and you can only make so much money discounting in sales- eventually everyone who wants it will have it! I love Spire and would pay for a decent update, its a great synth. Maybe they will just get VST3 out fist as a maintenance update and then do a V2 (like Avenger)
I hope you are right. It is a great synth and i wish it could be developed further.

I can assure you that they are further developing the synth, as I had an exchange with the developers a few years ago, where v2 was already a topic.

Sorry, but, just because there's a bit of radio silence, and no update for a few months doesn't immediately mean that the plugin has been discontinued. It's the typical thing I read here: The devs aren't exactly vocal on forums or social media, there hasn't been an update for a while, and people start panicking. Why? Look at the soft synths we have today, and take a look at how complex they are, and take a look at coding, and what a complex topic that is, and you maybe can imagine that it takes a while to develop software of this complexity.

I understand, but when they announced roadmap last time, a years ago, there was granular Osc in it, and since then only lazy didn't implement granular Osc(Pigments, Rapid, many granular synths appeared), but not Spire. I understand that it is time consuming and they did a great job with preset browser. But i just wonder if they changed their road map or decided to profit from what Spire as is and from selling presets. That is why i am asking.

Spire is the only reason I have to have a VST2 Folder!

If you look at the number of previous versions and various feature additions, I think it is difficult for a developer to build a roadmap at this stage. But I don't know much about development :)

Judging by the latest forum posts, they are definitely in the process of releasing a VST3 update.
call me hand

aShane wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:07 am
If you look at the number of previous versions and various feature additions, I think it is difficult for a developer to build a roadmap at this stage. But I don't know much about development :)

Judging by the latest forum posts, they are definitely in the process of releasing a VST3 update.
I meant this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=369405&p=6059640&hi ... s#p6059640

They already added most of features, except:
- Custom wave loading
- Granular sampler OSC mode
- Filter with Drive Parameter

They actually implemented filter drive (I think it's the "shaper" filter type). It's just an unusual (and in my opinion bad) implementation. It should be another parameter, instead of taking up a filter slot.

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:57 pm I can assure you that they are further developing the synth, as I had an exchange with the developers a few years ago, where v2 was already a topic.
I hope so. But just because you had a discussion with them years ago doesn't mean the same exchange is valid today.

The dev stated a VST3 version is coming almost a YEAR ago. Well here we are.. and still no VST3. And no update from the developer on the status of this.

You can continue defend them to the hilt, but even you must admit the messaging is rather sparse from this company. We can't read minds or see where the dev is at on the status of updates. So, being left in the dark, we can only assume what is happening. Which is why it is beneficial for the dev to speak up more often. Even if its only a few months between.

Here's to hoping to VST3 in 2023!

VitaminD wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:53 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:57 pm I can assure you that they are further developing the synth, as I had an exchange with the developers a few years ago, where v2 was already a topic.
I hope so. But just because you had a discussion with them years ago doesn't mean the same exchange is valid today.

The dev stated a VST3 version is coming almost a YEAR ago. Well here we are.. and still no VST3. And no update from the developer on the status of this.
I don't defend anyone "to the hilt". Stop exaggerating to the hilt.

In another thread, someone wrote that he was told by the devs that they hit some unexpected issues with VST3 development, and that's why there's a delay. viewtopic.php?p=8584140#p8584140

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:58 pm

I can quote to disprove that. :hihi:

You have 120 posts in here alone, many of which are defensive of either Reveal Sound's decisions or the Synth itself. You're Reveal Sounds' number one fan! :clap:

Thanks for the info on the VST3 update though. Onto next year..

VitaminD wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:19 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:58 pm

I can quote to disprove that. :hihi:

You have 120 posts in here alone, many of which are defensive of either Reveal Sound's decisions or the Synth itself. You're Reveal Sounds' number one fan! :clap:
I wished I was as bored as you.

And, I still don't defend anyone "to the hilt". Again, stop exaggerating.

This is typical KVR. Buncha spoiled (50 to 60 year old) kids who can't wait for their Christmas present and have no idea what hard work is.

Return to “Reveal Sound”