Can I add my own samples to Juggernaut?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm thinking about buying Juggernaut because of it's sounds and GUI.I have the full version of Kontakt and I'd love to run some of my existing samples through Juggernaut's effects and Gate/Trigger tool.

Is it possible to drag my own samples/SFZs in, then save them to Juggernaut's .NKA preset list?

NKAs don't have anything to do with samples. You would have to replace the samples from the groups themselves, then save that as a new NKI.

EvilDragon wrote:NKAs don't have anything to do with samples. You would have to replace the samples from the groups themselves, then save that as a new NKI.
I guess that means I would lose some of Juggernaut's content (in the preset list). I like the feature where the ADSR and effect settings don't change when I select a new sound source. Similar to this:

Yeah - you would replace the soundsource(s) that are in the default NKI with your own. It's not advisable unless you really know what you're doing. :D

This COULD be a new feature for version 1.5... we could add some "User" sample groups perhaps... are you more interested in adding drums or bass?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:This COULD be a new feature for version 1.5... we could add some "User" sample groups perhaps... are you more interested in adding drums or bass?
I'm interested in both but probably more interested in bass. BTW, are your bass sound sources only one file (WAV, NCW) per preset or are they multi-sampled?

I hope you guys release an instrument that uses a similar GUI so users could switch all type of sounds (leads, pad, bells, piano, strings) without changing the ADSR and FX settings. I've been looking for an instrument like that forever. I didn't even know that Kontakt had that scripting feature but it looks like you guys coded Juggernaut that way.

We multi-sampled all the basses, yes!

So one product that is actually DESIGNED for importing your own sounds is UNDERSCORE.

http://www.studioweapon.com/#

We don't make this but it's pretty darn cool with a very advanced script for manipulation. Check out some of the videos and see for yourself.

One of *our* next libraries is something called Celestia, which will share some similarities with the tonal Juggernaut patch in terms of sound design, but bring even more capabilities, focusing on light, ambient, atmospheric, airy, and celestial sounds. No perc/fx, just beautiful tonal stuff. We'll be integrating some of this functionality into Juggernaut 1.5 too.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”