Introducing the KVRaudio Readers Choice Awards!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Best Commercial Preset-designer
Best Freeware Preset-designer

Ch00rD wrote:Best sequencer.

Best user support.

Most innovative product.
Seconded.

Sorry, I meant +1111ed :tu:

Redmerkurii wrote:Most amusing category award.

Readers Wives award.

Best thread Hijack award.

Readers Wavs!

It's already been done.

Still, a nice concept overall that shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

So to speak.

:)

'Best thread Hijack award', however, seems such a simple idea, that I would be surprised if it hadn't been done before. If not, then yeah!

Bit of a bugger deciding a winner in a place like KVR, though, no?

:hihi:

kritikon wrote:
Ch00rD wrote:Best sequencer.

Best user support.

Most innovative product.
Seconded.

Thirded.

And why not throw the cat into the pigeons - WORST user support.

They can have a big gold badge that shall be worn around their heads at all times when posting, just to let unsuspecting punters know. A bit like how they used to chop off the left ears of thieves in medieval times. But obviously, not quite as bad.

I can think of one or two that would wear it with pride, though, their skin is so thick.

Probably best not to, thinking about it.

:D

laurabw you should't have asked, I assure you,that list will never end :lol: :dog:

codec_spurt wrote:And why not throw the cat into the pigeons - WORST user support.
If we started throwing "negative" awards into the list, then the category list would never end. Worst User Support, Worst GUI, Worst Sounding Plug-in Instrument, etc.
:uhuhuh:

"Worst idea for a Readers Choice Award"?

Has anyone mentioned: "Worst omission of an apostrophe in an award title"?

As the VERY FIRST poster in this category (i.e. its Owner and Great Leader-bashi) I think My vote should count a thousand fold!!

Therefore ye devs - blessed is he that lines up behind My vote; to secure your final glory!! Ye who find favour in My eye shall bask in Its Omnipotent Radiance, that you may surely shower Me, hence, with all manner of free software, even the dongles that yoke them. And serials. It will be enough.

... its a good idea, this :) but have to ask - how do you treat MIDI plugins. VST or I. They definetely need their own category

pljones wrote:"Worst idea for a Readers Choice Award"?

Has anyone mentioned: "Worst omission of an apostrophe in an award title"?

Worst readers wavs?

We could do a draw on bad punctuation, but, you know, let's have a bit of fun.

My mind is so polluted I can't think straight. When I say 'Worst' I think of large German sausages. But I'm sure I just got the spelling wrong.

I'm sick and I don't know how to heal myself ;-).

Vot's de wurst dat kan happen?

cheers.

softska wrote:Best vaporware :hihi:
Yeah, really though.

There are a ton of plugin sites that are vanishing.

Best Plugins, Sample packs and Tutorials by people called phil from belfast.

Ch00rD wrote: Best user support.
+1

I would suggest that the "Best Instrument" category be broken out into the many possible instruments: Best string library, Best horns, Best piano, Best analogue synth, Best organ, etc. The results would be much more meaningful as a guide to people who were interested in each of these categories. The list might grow long, yes, but that would be better than having a generic "Instrument" choice that might reflect a general preference for, say, analogue synths over organs, instead of saying much about the instruments themselves.

Best Software Instrument - Z3ta2
Best Software Sampler - Kontakt
Best Software Effect - Waves Aphex Exciter
Best Dynamics plug-in - FXpansion DCam Dynamice Bundle
Best Plug-in for mastering - Waves Lonear Phase Multiband
Most Creative Effect plug-in - Effectrix
Best DAW - Reaper
Best Free plug-in - DCam FreeComp
Best new plug-in released in the last year - NI Passive EQ
Best software recreation of an acoustic instrument - NI Session Horns
The plug-in that changed my life - Hypersonic 2

codec_spurt wrote: Vot's de wurst dat kan happen?
yello from you gotta say yes.. "kann denn das noch sein"

i asked, and was told this line can be understood in various ways. it can mean "can it really be true?" and, prefacing that tin was used as a coffin liner, it can also mean "tin for the still being".

for me, my thinking was that i asked the right person for a translation.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Site Stuff”