New: AD Mangleverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just noticed it this morning. Look quite interesting.
Info from the AD website:
Mangleverb ($49)

» Simple-to-use algorithmic reverb that can be either pre- or post-filter/VCA.

» A monster resonant filter model with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes, and a drive circuit for gritty distortion.

» Sophisticated tempo-synced LFO with waveshaper to create all common (and some uncommon) modulation shapes.

» Envelope follower with internal, LFO, sidechain input, and MIDI trigger modes.

» Feedback path and modulated VCA for final signal taming.
Last edited by BDeep on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Their rough rider is one of my favorite destroy buttons.

Is it just me, or does that GUI scream "Monark"?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Looks cool :)

samsam wrote:And for those who like links

http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD032
:dog: will add that

I will happily admit I was "inspired by" NI for the UI of this plug but I designed it before Monark was even announced, and there is a story behind how it looks. We created four product designs for Native Instruments in the first two months of this year, and this was one of them. All four of these product designs had UIs done in the style of their studio series (the stuff done by Softube), since that is NI's current UI trend. They passed on this one, and we decided to release it ourselves because we quite liked how it turned out.

But for what it's worth, I hadn't seen Monark at that time. (It is, in my opinion, the single best "vintage" style user interface, and far beyond my UI skills.) I designed the UI to match the plugs Softube makes for NI. It essentially looks just like what it is: our 9-year-old Deverb plug-in heavily updated and given a UI to match the NI studio plug-in line.

For reference, the actual inspiration: http://rekkerd.org/img/201211/NI_Vintag ... Bundle.jpg

You'll note this plug's UI is nearly identical to the VC 160.

hi chris, did i understand you correctly that you designed some plugins for ni? if so, are you allowed to tell us a bit more? i also like the look and concept of mangleverb. during the last months i have often thought about adding a few effects to my ad account, so maybe now is the right time.
cheers

must buy, but first i need a flat and some other more profane stuff.
"It dreamed itself along"

Ah, just when I had kind of convinced myself I have all the plugins I'll need for years and years to come this thing comes and tempts me. :( Some of the things I'd be using several plugins for can now be done with one, I can't argue with my own reasoning here. :P

This thread misses a voice of negativity though, why couldn't they have the bitrot (fancy named bitcrusher) from their discontinued Deverb too? This seems to have most everything else Deverb had.

@Gosh: It's no big secret that lot of companies our size regularly submit designs to NI at their request, some of which they buy and put in Komplete or as stand-alones. It would be quite a coupe for us to get a product in Komplete, so it's worth expending some effort on. I'm not sure how much more I can say on the subject, as we have a fairly thorough NDA with them. Let me inquire with the Powers-That-Be before I say any further on it, as I don't want to get in trouble. They're very nice people on the whole, and even though they haven't taken one of our designs yet, it's a great exercise and very challenging.

I'd like to have some real feedback on this one, the sound demos aren't really convincing me...

Crandall1 wrote:I will happily admit I was "inspired by" NI for the UI of this plug but I designed it before Monark was even announced, and there is a story behind how it looks. We created four product designs for Native Instruments in the first two months of this year, and this was one of them. All four of these product designs had UIs done in the style of their studio series (the stuff done by Softube), since that is NI's current UI trend. They passed on this one, and we decided to release it ourselves because we quite liked how it turned out.

But for what it's worth, I hadn't seen Monark at that time. (It is, in my opinion, the single best "vintage" style user interface, and far beyond my UI skills.) I designed the UI to match the plugs Softube makes for NI. It essentially looks just like what it is: our 9-year-old Deverb plug-in heavily updated and given a UI to match the NI studio plug-in line.

For reference, the actual inspiration: http://rekkerd.org/img/201211/NI_Vintag ... Bundle.jpg

You'll note this plug's UI is nearly identical to the VC 160.
Wasn't a criticism, like the GUI and bought as soon as I saw the release. Bit of a fanboy here :-)
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Anyone put this to the test yet? I was wondering how's CPU use, and if it plays nicely with FL Studio 10. I have some ideas that'll require several instances of Mangleverb, and I'll wait for a bit before installing FL 11 til they've ironed it out a bit more. I've had some problems with other ADs in FL Studio 10, they've seemed to work fine but when I've tried to open the project later it either wouldn't open (happened with Filterstation) or suddenly the MIDI routing wouldn't work anymore (happened with Tatoo sequencing something else in Patcher) though everything worked just fine at the moment I saved the project. I've no idea if this is something AD or Image-Line need to look into though, any thoughts on that?

Too much AD stuff that is still so tempting and then this pops up. :hihi:

Return to “Effects”