Audio routing wrecking my head!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, I was wondering if a more experienced user could help...

I've just upgraded to an Audiobox 44VSL with 4 ins and 4 outs and here's what I (simply) want to do..

Rhythm Guitar -> Input 1 -> Plugins -> Output 1
Lead Guitar -> Input 2 -> Plugins -> Output 2
Bass Guitar -> Input 3 -> Plugins -> Output 3

It's for a gig in a museum and we're not permitted to use guitar amps. So I want to feed each of our instruments separately through amp modelling plugins and then output them to the FOH desk, each on their own channel so that the FOH engineer can control their levels independently.

If someone could please walk me through setting up the following you would be a lifesaver:

- Audio Engine Options > Assign Audio Channels...
- Configure Master Bus...
- Audio Channels...

When I think that I've tried every combination of routing and think I've cracked it, I always seem to hear the original input coming through on a different rack after enabling the Input Connect... I know it's something to do with enabling the auxiliary channels..?? I managed to work it out when I had the 22VSL with just 2 ins and outs, I just can't get my head around it now :cry:

Once we have everything set we wont be changing any settings from start to finish of the show.. so I was thinking of maybe just using Presonus Studio One instead of Cantabile? :(

Infinite thanks in advance!

Sorry guys, after further investigation I think it's actually to do with the Audiobox routing, it looks like not all the outputs can be isolated independently.. stereo mix it is! :(

Return to “Topten Software”