Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Yes, they should be moved to Sound Design / Market Place sections
68%
No, I don't care
32%

Total votes: 98

RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Meffy wrote:Deleting threads for being in the "wrong" forum is no good. It's as much bother as moving them -- not much individually, right wretched in droves. But I've got the solution.

Make everyone a mod, so everyone can move everyone else's threads where they think they belong. Problem solved.

*isagenius*
Just make us all root and sysadmin so we can customize the site anyhow we like. Problem solved.
Blast, I've been defeated by an even greater genius.

Meffy wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Why not get a new mod for the new forum?
i've an idea who that might be :)
If a new forum for soundware is created, I will gladly endorse VitaminD for a place on the general mod line-up. Or even if there is no new forum, assuming he wants the position.
actually i was thinking about i**o**t*r :hihi:

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
You seem to have a problem grasping the idea. Oh well.
No problem at all but the way you proposed does not look like a real improvement IMO.

My opinion is either it would be done in a proper way or just forget about it.
Of course the "proper way" would involve additional work for the mods, even with the way i proposed in my last post.

Ingo
So basically your way is the only way....genius :lol:

Kriminal wrote:
So basically your way is the only way....genius :lol:
I just added this to that post which describes my POV quite well:
Ingonator wrote: For the records:
I have no problem if it stays like it is, i just offer ideas here.
Besides that i guess i already explained my intentions multiple times.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hey guys, go play in your subforum!

George wrote:Thoughts?
What are your thoughts, as you just posted a bank in that very forum?

Kriminal wrote: What are your thoughts, as you just posted a bank in that very forum?
I'll keep posting them there until there is a new Soundware forum.

George wrote:
Kriminal wrote: What are your thoughts, as you just posted a bank in that very forum?
But you have your own forum here...

Kriminal wrote:But you have your own forum here...
No.

George wrote:
I am a "bad guy" too. :)
I just bumped an old thread (started at November 2012) from MaxSynths as i am just testing his soundset for ElectraX.

If that thread would have been published at the Market place it would have been already disappeared as the oldest post in the Market place is from around January 26th of this year.
This is one reason why i proposed that except threads about special offers (which could be bumped until the sale is timed out) such threads should not be moved to the Market place.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

George wrote:
Kriminal wrote:But you have your own forum here...
No.
When did you lose that?

Kriminal wrote:When did you lose that?
We moved to in-house forums 8 years ago since at that time KVR didn't allowed multiple ones (one here and other at the main site).

One more thought from me, Meffy says deleting posts in the wrong forum is too punitive. Well, if the majority of KVR users don't want soundbanks advertized in the instruments section (I don't) or the Market place and it becomes forum rules then they should respectfully object and cite the forum rules when people violate them.

Is that too strong? Basically it's our forum, let's keep it clean and everyone happy.

A sub-forum for sound designers is probably in everyone's interest:

Right now, if you want to let people know you have a bank you feel pressure to post in the instruments section or the marketplace because there is nowhere that is really designated just for this kind of soundware.

Now, if the soundware section becomes the in place to be for soundbanks you will be losing out if you don't post your soundbanks there. That is going to be the place where people are going who want to buy or listen to banks.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Edit:double post
Last edited by Kriminal on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:
George wrote:
But you have your own forum here...
Where?
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Site Stuff”