Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Yes, they should be moved to Sound Design / Market Place sections
68%
No, I don't care
32%

Total votes: 98

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Meffy wrote:Ash kivur durbatulûk,
Ash kivur gimbatul,
Ash kivur thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
lest we forget :)

A preset/soundbank forum is a good idea. No work involved for anyone. New threads go there. Simple.

Why not get a new mod for the new forum? Actually, if it becomes a sub forum, give them dual role of moderating the parent forum too.. less work for you! :ud:

you know, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.
..what goes around comes around..

That said, I think we also need a 'Obituaries' sub forum on 'Everything Else'.. since it has become common form to make a post when everyone musically involved passes on.

VitaminD wrote:Why not get a new mod for the new forum?
i've an idea who that might be :)

VitaminD wrote:That said, I think we also need a 'Obituaries' sub forum on 'Everything Else'.. since it has become common form to make a post when everyone musically involved passes on.
Plus a sub-forum within the 'Obituaries' sub forum, since it has been common form to make a post when any famous
comedian/legendary tv personality passes on.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Why not get a new mod for the new forum?
i've an idea who that might be :)
If a new forum for soundware is created, I will gladly endorse VitaminD for a place on the general mod line-up. Or even if there is no new forum, assuming he wants the position.

2nd'd
Last edited by ouroboros on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:A preset/soundbank forum is a good idea. No work involved for anyone. New threads go there. Simple.
So we would have soundset threads spread over the new sub-forum, the Instruments sub-forum, the hardware sub-forum and Market place.

Then we could also just keep it like it is (which Meffy seems to prefer anyway)...

One idea i offered was to have a "sticky" thread in the new sub-forum where members (or the sound designers and/or original posting members themselves) could report threads they want to be moved to the new sub-forum.

There could be a deadline after which threads that were not moved could be deleted as long as mods become aware of them.

Of course i am aware this would mean more work for mods for a limited time.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

like baristas!

Deleting threads for being in the "wrong" forum is no good. Too punitive, plus it's as much bother as moving them -- not much individually, right wretched in droves. But I've got the solution.

Make everyone a mod, so everyone can move everyone else's threads where they think they belong. Problem solved.

*isagenius*

Meffy wrote:Deleting threads for being in the "wrong" forum is no good. It's as much bother as moving them -- not much individually, right wretched in droves. But I've got the solution.

Make everyone a mod, so everyone can move everyone else's threads where they think they belong. Problem solved.

*isagenius*
Just make us all root and sysadmin so we can customize the site anyhow we like. Problem solved.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Ingonator wrote:
Kriminal wrote:A preset/soundbank forum is a good idea. No work involved for anyone. New threads go there. Simple.
So we would have soundset threads spread over the new sub-forum, the Instruments sub-forum, the hardware sub-forum and Market place.

Then we could also just keep it like it is (which Meffy seems to prefer anyway)...

One idea i offered was to have a "sticky" thread in the new sub-forum where members (or the sound designers and/or original posting members themselves) could report threads they want to be moved to the new sub-forum.

There could be a deadline after which threads that were not moved could be deleted as long as mods become aware of them.

Of course i am aware this would mean more work for mods for a limited time.

Ingo
You seem to have a problem grasping the idea. Oh well.

Kriminal wrote:
You seem to have a problem grasping the idea. Oh well.
No problem at all but the way you proposed does not look like a real improvement IMO.

My opinion is either it would be done in a proper way or just forget about it.
Of course the "proper way" would involve additional work for the mods, even with the way i proposed in my last post.

For the records:
I have no problem if it stays like it is, i just offer ideas here.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Site Stuff”