Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Yes, they should be moved to Sound Design / Market Place sections
68%
No, I don't care
32%

Total votes: 98

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:Of course the mods will move the obvious threads themselves but that additional "sticky" thread should be also for those which they forgot.
"Of course"? Ingo, you do realize KVR moderators are unpaid and have regular jobs to do, right? You're talking about a LOT of additional work for us.

Changed my mind. Count me out. I no longer support the new forum/subforum idea. People can scroll past threads they don't want to read. If it happens I'll deal with it, but I do not support it.

Meffy wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Of course the mods will move the obvious threads themselves but that additional "sticky" thread should be also for those which they forgot.
"Of course"? Ingo, you do realize KVR moderators are unpaid and have regular jobs to do, right? You're talking about a LOT of additional work for us.

Changed my mind. Count me out. I no longer support the new forum/subforum idea. People can scroll past threads they don't want to read. If it happens I'll deal with it, but I do not support it.
Hi Meffy,

somehow you seem to misunderstand my post.

That post was based on a hypothetical situation where a new sub-forum is opened and i thought the mods would move the most obvious threads (maybe those in the last 5 pages of the instruments forum or so) to the sub-forum.
My original idea (see other post) was to have a "sticky" thread in that new sub-forum where we could post threads that should to be moved. Both moving the more current threads to a new sub-forum and having that sticky thread with additional threads that could be moved could happen at the same time.

I hope it is more clear now.

After all this is all up to Ben and the mods. If the mods don't want any extra work (where most would be during the start of the new sub-forum) everything could stay like it is but please then do not complain about the situation later.

After all everything i posted here are just ideas. Did i somehow force you to do everything exactly like i posted?

Just a few thoughts.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I understood your post perfectly. It's up to Ben. Mods have no say in this. If we get saddled with the extra work that's that.

Meffy wrote:I understood your post perfectly. It's up to Ben. Mods have no say in this. If we get saddled with the extra work that's that.
Hi Meffy,

i totally get your point and it's not me that started this discussion.

I just wanted to offer some ideas because if this should happen i would be directly affected by it.

If some of my posts here somehow made you angry i apologize for those.

UPDATE:
I just changed that post you complained about a bit.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Not angry at all. I simply don't think it would be a good idea.

I think a sound bank subforum is a good idea, but not making extra work for mods. Expecting them to move stuff in the wrong place is too much, I think in most cases sound designers will take responsibility for deciding the most appropriate place and the community should be largely self regulating, and if someone makes a bad call once in a while then they can get feedback on that also from the community (although it should be constructive, not nonsensical accusations of "spam" which should be confined to genuine spammers) but also people need to make allowances that people are not perfect and not be so uptight about things being in the wrong place. As Meffy says you can scroll past stuff.

Like I said before. I like this forum the way it is.

If I don't like something I just ignore it. You really do not need to have yet another forum.

And sure as anything...someone will groan about there being no hardware soundset subforum...I can see it happening.... :shrug:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Maybe each user could have his/her own subforum, then we could all visit each other occassionally and each forum would be very clean and tidy, mostly...

changed my mind...i vote for no subcategories...

all the threadz are go in one place

i'd like to have a zero delay general music software complaint subforum and a warez boohoohoo subforum for renegates and other (self-) castigating members. then there should be a cats' care pre and post forum and a 'best (...)' forum and a '(...) vs. (...)' and a RIP preperipost forum and an Uhbiquous Urs Adoration Hall and last, but not feast a Tone2 is CIA: the newest founds hidden sub forum in the complaints subforum.

yes
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:i'd like to have a zero delay general music software complaint subforum and a warez boohoohoo subforum for renegates and other (self-) castigating members. then there should be a cats' care pre and post forum and a 'best (...)' forum and a '(...) vs. (...)' and a RIP preperipost forum and an Uhbiquous Urs Adoration Hall and last, but not feast a Tone2 is CIA: the newest founds hidden sub forum in the complaints subforum.

yes
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Never bought a patch bank in my life!
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:changed my mind...i vote for no subcategories...

THE forum. At least we wouldn't have to move threads any longer.

Meffy wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:changed my mind...i vote for no subcategories...

THE forum. .
One forum to rule them all, One forum to find them,
One forum to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Ash kivur durbatulûk,
Ash kivur gimbatul,
Ash kivur thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Return to “Site Stuff”