Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

Do you think Instruments forum is getting crowded with sound banks and preset topics?

Yes, they should be moved to Sound Design / Market Place sections
68%
No, I don't care
32%

Total votes: 98

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thoughts?

i voted "why would i give a rats ass about sylenth" but that was a different poll.
only because i dont own sylenth, i have nothing against it, it was just the only option available to a non owner really.

to be honest i think instruments themselves are crowded with patch banks...

plus, obligatory uncalled for insult: your face is a patch bank!

DELETED

Hi George,

just had a little "discussion" with Kriminal at one thread.

I don't think it's a real problem. I agree that time limited special offers better fit to the Market place but general announcements and discussions about a soundset still fit to the instruments forum IMO.

The Sound Design forum usually seems to be used for "how to make that sound" so i don't think that one would fit too.

At the MArket place another problem i found is that it is changing very fast and at the end of the day a new thread could be at the 3rd or more page.
Based on that i have seen many double threads created due to people missing that other thread.
If everything is moved to Market place we will see many people "bumping" their threads instead of actual discussions.

If something should be changed there should be either a new Soundsets/Soundbanks sub forum at KVR or a corresponding sticky thread at the Market place.
If we use the last option what about free soundsets which don't really belong to the Market place? So that one is also not really good.

Of course an easy solution could be to keep it like it is and post time limited special offers at the Market place.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

yeah id agree it doesnt belong in sound design.
a ew subforum would be better.

Strange this thread, in that what has been annoying me more and more, and I was going to bring it up, but you brought it up way more elegantly than me, is threads on instruments bombarded with demos of upcoming preset banks, or existing preset banks, and its the same handful of people doing it the repeatedly
However, a separate thread in instruments forum announcing soundbanks whilst belonging in the marketplace doesn't really bother me that much.

my two cents
rsp
sound sculptist

I think it is a bigger "crowding problem" that users posts issues related to sample libraries and modular synthesis in the Instrument forum.

IMO all Kontakt related issues should be posted in the samples sub-forum.

Reaktor etc, should go to the Modular sub-forum.

Ingonator wrote:there should be a new Soundsets/Soundbanks sub forum at KVR
this ^^

i prefer it to the market place sticky as a thread will just end up a huge mess of posts making it difficult to find what you are looking for...a subforum gives everyone there little space....couple it with the odd no more than one author bump in a given period, excepting any other kvr contributors bumping by way of posting

'instruments' section is definitely getting to be a mess

there should be a soundbanks sub-forum. simple.

er, yeah. what they ^ said :oops:

macmurphy wrote:there should be a soundbanks sub-forum. simple.

er, yeah. what they ^ said :oops:
If any changes are planned this should be the best solution.
To be honest i don't know why this has not happened already years ago.

In my former post i tried to explain why other options are maybe not really good.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I agree. It's a big enough category to deserve its own forum or sub-forum or whatever.

And this really should be in Site Stuff where Ben will notice it, so I'll move it there.

Ingonar wrote:
Of course an easy solution could be to keep it like it is and post time limited special offers at the Market place.

Ingo
this.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Yes I noticed this ages ago and felt reluctant to post my advertisements anywhere but the Market place, and there is usually where I bump my posts now. I occasionally bring it up in the instruments forum because I think some people still expect to see it there.

IN general KVR has a whole lot of advertising going on and sometimes I really don't like it. But it's part of what makes this forum current. I would really like to see business advertisements and promotions separate from normal user discussion though.

A sub forum would be a great idea.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I'm 50/50, but I also do the occasional soundbank/patch set. But really, wouldn't you like to find new patch release info near the instrument/effect (forum) it's made for ? I (ultimately) would, as a buyer/customer....

Return to “Site Stuff”