CrX4 New Sounds

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't believe nobody else has commented on these - thank you Peter (and BigTone of course) for giving these away, I would have happily paid for them. A very pleasant New Year's surprise! 64 patches, all killer no filler :D

One very satisfied customer here :)

BT for free! = YaHooo!

Hoping for some new soundsets for CrX4 this year... :)

mikusan wrote:Can't believe nobody else has commented on these - thank you Peter (and BigTone of course) for giving these away, I would have happily paid for them. A very pleasant New Year's surprise! 64 patches, all killer no filler :D

I just bought this plugin mainly based on the sound of the presets which I really liked. Now I'm realizing it's more of a tool for making new sounds.
I'm not into making my own sounds but it seems that with this particular plugin it could be fairly easy even for me.
Are you making new sounds just mangling the presets that come with it or importing sounds from other syths or...? Just trying to figure out the approch that most people might use toward a plugin like this.
I generally don't go for synths like this being a preset guy but something about this one just grabbed me.
Thanks

Honestly, I'm a preset guy also... so I tend to look at the library of sounds available for any synth I purchase. There are a lot of great sounds available for CrX3-4 and Albino that are essential AFAIK. Looking at the synths I use the most they conspicuously seem to be the ones that Mr. BT makes soundsets for. Hmmm. O.K. I admit being a shameless ambient freak! Ha! :)

DHR53 wrote:Honestly, I'm a preset guy also... so I tend to look at the library of sounds available for any synth I purchase. There are a lot of great sounds available for CrX3-4 and Albino that are essential AFAIK. Looking at the synths I use the most they conspicuously seem to be the ones that Mr. BT makes soundsets for. Hmmm. O.K. I admit being a shameless ambient freak! Ha! :)
Yeah, I've been on a synth buying binge after growing board with my usual sounds. Just bought Albino3 and the diversity soundset with a couple of hours left before being discontinued mainly because yu can mix and match sounds to make new combos which is great for a non-tweaker like myself but still want to make fresh layers. Also bought OP-X PRO-II, to cover my classic synth type needs,D16 Lush 101 which I can't even use until I upgrade my computer due to the crazy high cpu usage of that thing.I usually make one bad purchase not so much because of the product itself but because I can't use it in my current setup.
Anyway, those new purchases offer some new inspiration to use with the synths and stuff I already have.

dblock wrote:
mikusan wrote:Can't believe nobody else has commented on these - thank you Peter (and BigTone of course) for giving these away, I would have happily paid for them. A very pleasant New Year's surprise! 64 patches, all killer no filler :D

I just bought this plugin mainly based on the sound of the presets which I really liked. Now I'm realizing it's more of a tool for making new sounds.
I'm not into making my own sounds but it seems that with this particular plugin it could be fairly easy even for me.
Are you making new sounds just mangling the presets that come with it or importing sounds from other syths or...? Just trying to figure out the approch that most people might use toward a plugin like this.
I generally don't go for synths like this being a preset guy but something about this one just grabbed me.
Thanks
It's very easy to make new sounds with this synth, if the sound source is a sample you can just click the 'next/previous' arrow to change the sample, or open the file and select a sample from the folder. You can make tons of new sounds in this way alone without needing to go any deeper.

Of course, if you want to go deeper, this version's simplified layout (i.e. everything on one page) makes it easier to 'reverse engineer' a pro's patch design.

mikusan wrote:
dblock wrote:

Thanks
It's very easy to make new sounds with this synth, if the sound source is a sample you can just click the 'next/previous' arrow to change the sample, or open the file and select a sample from the folder. You can make tons of new sounds in this way alone without needing to go any deeper.

Of course, if you want to go deeper, this version's simplified layout (i.e. everything on one page) makes it easier to 'reverse engineer' a pro's patch design.
Thanks for the input mikusan. I'm going to check that out.

I was going through the " update Phil" folder whilst playing around with Am and was inspired almost instantly !! I'd say it is a good sign when you write a track the very first time you play some sounds . Whoever you are Phil ; THANKS . Job well done .

Thanks LInplug , you guys rock .

Can't wait for that new release this year . Bet I'll be all over it !!!!

:love:
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

Phil is Philippe Favre, a CronoX nerd since many years. Thanks for the feedack guys

Thanks Contrary and thanks Peter

Philippe :phones:

Thanks for this topic as i bought CRX4 and sophistry S/H in the MP 3 months ago and have not downloaded it and was wondering if i should keep it or if overkill with all the other stuff i have but this thread has inspired me to check it! the thing is i haven't downloaded it as said, and i wouldn't want Peter to think I dLED and kept it to use if i decided to sell. that always bothers me that someone could think that..

My plan was to buy morphox instead..as that IS really something i don't have an alternative.. such a shame that synth is never talked about and no third party banks.. i guess it was a flop (sadly so).

I can't wait for linplug's next big thing. These guys are one of the best nicest devs around and i want them to be here for a long time :) :tu:

(and yes i was going to buy morphox direct, that's my new thing, i only buy to support devs from now on, i don't buy S/H unless it's a big thing like NI and i found a good deal, but indi devs, all direct now).

Return to “LinPlug”