BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Thanks so much, Oleg - both for the update and for the video!

:tu:

FYI - there's one more bug I found, will be fixed in upcoming 2.5.3
BugFix: chain variation don't switch reliably for input condition 'input keys' or 'input notes'

I don't post it yet cause I had too many updates past month. I will post another update in a few weeks along with BlueARP DM firmware update, maybe there will be some other minor fixes. If you need it urgently, let me know here or via email, I will send you unofficial release then.

Thanks for the ultimate support, I didn't figure that out, must be a tricky bug. From my end, everything works well so far.

Your arpeggiator (plugin) is just the best. Over the years I have been trying several ones, but I keep coming back to yours time and again.

I just miss one little detail: Pan.
Maybe it could be added in future version, perhaps in the existing lines of Velocity and Gate (for instance, adding a drop-down menu for selecting either Velocity or Pan).

Many thanks for your fantastic work.

colico wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:14 pm Your arpeggiator (plugin) is just the best. Over the years I have been trying several ones, but I keep coming back to yours time and again.

Maybe it could be added in future version, perhaps in the existing lines of Velocity and Gate (for instance, adding a drop-down menu for selecting either Velocity or Pan).

On behalf of Graywolf, thanks a lot for the positive feedback.

As for the "pan" suggestion, it is not a common parameter to handle, not all of the synthesizer can recognize the panning parameter because not all of them are totally General MIDI compliant.

However, there was an idea to add more MIDI CC lanes to BlueARP so it can automate variety of things like the modwheel, filter cutoff, etc. and again if the connected synth supports receiving MIDI CC events.

phreaque wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:47 pm On behalf of Graywolf, thanks a lot for the positive feedback.

As for the "pan" suggestion, it is not a common parameter to handle, not all of the synthesizer can recognize the panning parameter because not all of them are totally General MIDI compliant.

However, there was an idea to add more MIDI CC lanes to BlueARP so it can automate variety of things like the modwheel, filter cutoff, etc. and again if the connected synth supports receiving MIDI CC events.
Many thanks for your quick response.
I understand. When you don´t know a thing about programming everything seems "so easy"... :)

By the way, I have seen there are a couple of Banks here in KVR.
Is there any other place where you can download Banks?
Many thanks.

colico wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:34 pm By the way, I have seen there are a couple of Banks here in KVR.
Is there any other place where you can download Banks?
Many thanks.
This thread is the best place I have actually. If phreaque will do me a favor to collect all the banks for BlueARP (including his own) I can upload them to my website omg-instruments.com.

colico wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:14 pm Your arpeggiator (plugin) is just the best. Over the years I have been trying several ones, but I keep coming back to yours time and again.
Yep, I like the idea of adding an option to Velocity lane to switch between Pan and Velocity. I don't want to add new lanes because of the BlueARP DM (hardware) memory and GUI limitations, it will redner BlueARP plugin incompatible with BlueARP DM which is the last thing I want. But adding a 'lane alternative mode' won't much affect resource usage. So I'll add this to my todo. But it requires a bit more investigation, how synths react to Pan CC. My concern is this - when you have the seqnence with changing Pan CC, will it affect only the newly pressed note or will it also affect the releasing/sustaining notes? In the second case it won't have much sonic value.

PS. Now working mostly on the BlueARP DM firmware update, finished with chain variations and drum mode, things left to do:
1. GUI workflow improvements, I believe in the new firmware editing patterns will be much faster
2. Testing that all new functions work with the Control app as well

graywolf2004 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:58 amMy concern is this - when you have the seqnence with changing Pan CC, will it affect only the newly pressed note or will it also affect the releasing/sustaining notes? In the second case it won't have much sonic value.
As I imagine it (again, being a total ignorant in programming) is as the ability of launching notes each in a different pan position, so yes, it should be the "whole" note (press, release, sustain). A bit as the velocity (if you press one note, say, with v=20, its tail is not affected if quickly there is another note with, say, v=120).
Besides, having a general changing pan is simple enough to do it from within the DAW. Just my (illiterate) opinion.
Many thanks.

Oleg, regarding donating, given you can´t use Pay Pal, have you considered using "Buy me a coffee"? (you probably have).

colico wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:24 am Oleg, regarding donating, given you can´t use Pay Pal, have you considered using "Buy me a coffee"? (you probably have).
Thanks for the tip, I will check it. Might work

I'm still working on the v2.5.3 update, mostly for the BlueARP DM, but made some improvements for the plugin as well, especially related to latch/sustain and guitar arpeggios. I already ventured into non-EDM realm with BlueARP, but now I'm really satisfied how it performs.
https://youtube.com/shorts/vUsyjc8NRBE
Basically I am making this performance and fixing/improving a lot of stuff along the way. Also this is my first attempt to make shorts on YT (no time for the big video anyway, yet).

Awesome, thanks a lot for the continuous update & for the super efforts.

Return to “Instruments”