Is it possible to embed samples into the presets in harmor?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I have read the Harmor manual but I can't seem to figure whether it's possible to embed samples in presets or not? The reason why I wan't to know this is because I would really like to release my own free soundbank for Harmor, but if it can't do this I can pretty much forget about it. Can anyone answer my question.

Thanks.

Samples aren't embedded (on purpose, to spare memory).
Images are (because they can be edited & there's no other way around), however if you switch from resynthesis mode to image mode, the quality is a bit inferior, so I wouldn't suggest that.

What's the problem bundling the samples along with the presets?
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

tony tony chopper wrote:Samples aren't embedded (on purpose, to spare memory).
Images are (because they can be edited & there's no other way around), however if you switch from resynthesis mode to image mode, the quality is a bit inferior, so I wouldn't suggest that.

What's the problem bundling the samples along with the presets?
Thank you for your quick reply.

The problem is that I have about 300 presets at the moment that are broken because I have moved or renamed some of my sample folders. Do I have a way of recognizing which samples I need to import and where to put them as
Harmor does not tell me "bass1.wav is missing"

What is the best way to include these samples with the patches? I would like to avoid any mess that's caused by changing the folder structure on my hd. If I put them in the same folder with the patches, does Harmor store the relative path?

Why not give the user an option to automatically copy the samples to the folder where the patches are.
Doing it manually is a real slow down.

I realize this is a very complicated instrument and I am open to your workflow suggestions :)
Harmor is a really unique synth and I want to learn it inside out. There is so much potential that's waiting to be discovered :wink:

If I put them in the same folder with the patches, does Harmor store the relative path?
normally yes
(not 100% sure for the VST version, better try first)

Why not give the user an option to automatically copy the samples to the folder where the patches are.
for the FL version it's not an issue, FL can ask Harmor for the files it uses, & gather them in a folder.
I'd suggest doing FST (FL) presets btw, because while the VSTi can load FST presets, the FL version won't load FXP presets.

Thanks for the tips Tony. Especially the one about .fst format :)

After some testing it really seems that the best way to save patches with samples is simply to copy them into the same directory just as you suggested. I moved and renamed the folder and after I loaded the patch it worked just fine. I have to do the copying which is not the preferred way for me, but as long as it works I am happy. I just need to readjust my way of working. If you ever update Harmor could you please consider adding this feature for it. It doesn't change much, but it would make it much easier to create patches for people who use different sequencer than FL.

Oh, I also just found out that harmor can use samples for the envelope curves too.
This thing is so inspiring :love:

I am wondering if any other synths out there have additive filters, or are your creations the only ones?

there are probably synths with additive filters, but probably not in which you can define their shape using an envelope (although it's similar to linear-phase EQs in some way)

Return to “Image Line”