Audio Input Routing Level Meter Issue

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I tried to implement a routing for 2 external instruments and got this managed so far. My only problem: the levelmeters of both racks always show the same level even if only one of the external instruments is played.

Any hints appreciated,

Kind regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Also I can't reproduce your specific scenario this sounds strange and smells like a bug... :-o
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

Hi,

well I can shortly describe what I was doing (probably the bug is sitting in front of the screen as usual):

I created 3 stereo pairs in "Configure Master Bus", nmapped 2 of them to 2 physical stereo ins of my soundcard (this is where the external instruments are plugged) and one to a stereo out of the soundcard.

I created 2 racks, put an EQ as plugin into them, activated the input and mapped each inputs to one of the stereo inputs of the master bus.

At least I mapped the outs of the plugins to the stereo out of the masterbus.

What happens is: I can directly trigger the external instruments via midi, lead them to the eqs inside. I'm also able to control volume by using the gain faders. But independent from the setting of these faders the level meters of both racks always show the sum of both inputs. From the audio-point of view this works but it is very uncomfortable to control.

regards, humphrey
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Just a question: What does the master input level meters show? 6 thinner bars?

When I remember right the output bar splits to multiple thinner bars when you use more outputs.

Probably there is actually really something odd in the code for the inputs...
Best regards, TiUser

TiUser wrote:Just a question: What does the master input level meters show? 6 thinner bars?
Yep

humphrey wrote:
TiUser wrote:Just a question: What does the master input level meters show? 6 thinner bars?
Yep
And these work as expected?

Concerning the rack meters - as far as I remember these do not split which isn't quite right from the beginning... and I thought these display the audio out level of a rack, not the input...

Smells like a desing issue or a bug...
Best regards, TiUser

Hi,

yes, the meters work as expected (means I can clearly see 6 different bars and the signal is on the paths I routed. The strange thing is, I'm able to influence the level by the gain faders always for both channels. The output signal obviously is a sum of a part that is routed as expected plus a global part I'm not able to suppress.

Another question: any news from Brad concerning the upgrade? There were many ideas you gethered during the last months - so pretty enough to implement into a v3.0 version (plus probably a fix of the audio routing... :wink:

regards, humphrey

This input thing is strange... this really looks like a bug... :?

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything new from Brad and Cantabile 3.x besides what's published on Topten software site as sneak previews. :roll:
Best regards, TiUser

Hi,

only a short info: I posted Brad for both issues (input problem / cantabile 3) but did not even get a short response.

regards, humphrey

humphrey wrote:...I posted Brad for both issues (input problem / cantabile 3) but did not even get a short response.
:(
Best regards, TiUser

Hello. I'm a new Cantabile user and I'm having this exact issue. I have 2 external audio sources coming in and I'm trying to process them separately but there's a ghost of each channel showing up in the other channel, unprocessed.

I've troubleshooted this as thoroughly as I can. I paid for this software and this is the main reason I bought it. I really hope I can get it to work, as I love it otherwise. Any thoughts or workarounds would be appreciated. Thanks.

After understanding the nature of the problem/bug/feature, several workarounds are possible.

Short answer: if using more than 1 external audio source, don't connect any master bus channel to both an audio input and an audio output. I.e. use plugins to route each source from its own input channel to a separate output channel.

Long answer: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=283055

Return to “Topten Software”