Scriptorium - Modwheel Gliss Script - How to turn off normal modulation in Kontakt

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love the modwheel gliss script but could anyone tell me how to setup Kontakt so that the mod wheel solely controls the gliss effect but not the normal modulation of the sample. I guess what I'm asking is how to turn the "normal" modulation effect off.

Would be very grateful for any help.

P

It depends what the "normal" modulation is... since this can be different in any instrument. If you edit the instrument, you can check where the mod wheel has been assigned... ie. it could be to a filter cutoff or and LFO depth or any number of things. Then reduce this modulation depth, or change the controller from 1 to something else.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

Thanks Dan, I'll give it a go.

Kudos to Soniccouture btw - I absolutely love Mbira, Novachord, Guzheng, Broken Wurli and Scriptorium - and the music boxes!

Just an idea but perhaps you could sample a first rate acoustic like a Kinkade, or a rare electric like the Fender Bass VI?

Hi Dan/SC

I'm still having this problem.

Basically I have a patch on a kontakt instrument where the default setting is to create a swell effect with the modwheel - I don't want this, I just want to use Scriptorium's modwheel gliss script with the modwheel. I tried assigning this swell function to another CC/knob but now it is creating the modwheel strums AND the swell effect, when I wanted to get rid of the latter.

I went into "instrument" tab to try to see if I could edit the CC mapping from there but I couldn't see how to do it.

Any further ideas on how to assign just the one function, namely the modwheel gliss script, to the modwheel, would be most welcome.

P

Hi P,

I'm afraid it's really difficult for me to tell you what to remove without knowing the specific Instrument that has the "swell" effect on the ModWheel. Can you tell me what the instrument is or who made it? Or you could send me a copy (without the samples) via our usual support email... mark the email "MW for Dan" if you do.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

Return to “Soniccouture”