Zap kicks

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi i like a lot the kick modules for lot of type of kicks but i can't get good zap kicks , with zap kick i mean the sine pitch modulated kicks like you can hear in psytrance , a sine with one or two envelop modulating the pitch .

Fred_Abstract wrote:Hi i like a lot the kick modules for lot of type of kicks but i can't get good zap kicks , with zap kick i mean the sine pitch modulated kicks like you can hear in psytrance , a sine with one or two envelop modulating the pitch .
Hi Fred,

It's all in the pitch envelope decay time I guess. Set the basic frequency of the kick to around 50Hz (maybe higher for trance, 60+?) and set the Pitch EG depth to 8x or higher. Experiment with the decay and release times of Env1 too.

You might get better results by layering two kicks together - one for the zap and one for the thump.

Hope that helps,
AudioSpillage

thanks i will try this.

sometimes i don't understand it, it s like with the pitch envelop i can change the amplitude too, have to try it more

Fred_Abstract wrote:thanks i will try this.

sometimes i don't understand it, it s like with the pitch envelop i can change the amplitude too, have to try it more
If the pitch envelope 'bend' parameter is set to a negative % and you are working with a low frequency sound then you could easily lower the pitch below the threshold of hearing or below the frequency response of your speakers! Maybe that's what is happening?

AudioSpillage

Return to “AudioSpillage”