Nasty Kontakt 5 bug related to multi-scripts and instrument banks (MIND CONTROL users read this!!)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just posted this in VI-Control, but I figured I should post it here, because many MC users probably would like to know this, to avoid very unpleasant surprises.

I've just lost about 20 hours of work building a template so please excuse my frustration as I write this post.

It seems that K5 has a pretty serious bug that affects multi-scripts and instrument banks. Multi-scripts settings return to their default settings every time you re-open a multi. I tried saving the multi, and saving a VEPro instance, and it all amounts to the same. Every time a multi is rebooted, your multi-scripts revert back to their default settings. This happens when an instrument bank is present in the multi. Not 100% on this though.

This is absolutely game-breaking. I just spent 2 whole days working on a template with K5 instrument banks and OTS' Mind Control. Today, I rebooted my template, and lo and behold, nothing worked. All my keyswitches, controller assignments, blablabla, meticulously made within Mind Control, gone.

Can anyone else confirm this bug? I heard mention of it in NI forums, very recently. Here's hoping that a fix comes soon. I'm not sure if this affects K4 as well, I might have to move back to it, as this completely breaks the way I want to work with my template.

Heads up to anyone trying the same thing!
Antonio Andrade

Wow, that's horrible. Basically all the variables that are persistent (get saved with your DAW's project file) are forgotten!

That's a big deal, and I'm sure NI will make an update to correct this. I'm on the NI beta testing team, so I'll head on over there to see what they say.

Thanks for posting about this!

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

No problem Greg. Thanks for taking notice so quickly. I didn't know you were in the NI beta team, but that's great news, makes me think they'll be aware of this sooner rather than later!
Antonio Andrade

Just discovered the reason and workaround for this bug. It only happens if you have "undo" turned on in your K5 settings. So it's off by default, that's why most people weren't experiencing it. That's all folks.
Antonio Andrade

Wow, that's a horrible bug! It must have taken you a while to figure out that it was the undo functionality all this time... I guess this is specifically to do with K5 then (the bug doesn't occur in K4), right?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

It doesn't occur in K4, yes.

Which means K5 is mighty f**ked, that's all what it means.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”