Memory Collection 02 sample set and free Mini MC2 kit for Battery, Kontakt and DK+2

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[edited on April 22, 2012]
The Mini MC1 and Mini MC2 kits are now also available for the NuSofting DK+2, same download links.

[edited on Dec. 15]
Three Mini MC2 kits for Native Instruments Battery 3 and Kontakt 4 are ready.
Download them from the page listed below.

Audio collage made with 16 samples of the Mini MC2 kit 01:
Ominous

[edited on Nov. 12]

The Memory Collection sample pack 02 is finally available :party:
3 313 samples for a size of 1.32 GB. Source videos are 36 TV ads, 7 feature movies, 19 documentaries and 6 short films. Many of the documentaries are from and about the early days of radio and television.

Below is the link to download the updated preview of the MC 02. There are 101 samples in this updated preview including the first 23 that I posted in October.

Download the MC 02 preview

As in the Memory Collection sample pack 01, the samples in this collection are taken from Public Domain video documents. I chose the name Memory Collection because by definition works in the Public Domain are from the past, a past often not very distant but sadly also often forgotten or ignored.

These documents are usually old and the sound quality is often not great and they're noisy too. The samples include voice/spoken word/dialogs, sfx, music and other stuff. Many of them can be further divided so you can have some fun yourself ;-)

The 2 Memory Collections sample packs are donationware with required minimum donations:
$3.33 US for MC 01 (375 samples)
$17.50 US for MC 02
or $20.00 for both.

For more info about the 2 Memory Collections sample packs or to order them, please visit this page:
http://lesproductionszvon.com/Memory_Collection.htm

Don't expect that every sample in them will be useful to you. But I am sure they will be fun!

Last edited by zvon on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.

In the final release, the samples will categorized by type in folders. Here is the list of the samples included in the preview with their types.

Speech:
aBR_005 wonders
aG1_009a xtra protection against
aMG_003 what do you thik doctors recommend
aPS_002 excuse me
aPS_022 thats what Ive been looking for
AS_068 following orders
AS_170 what if magnetic
AS_257 six
ATG_007 you will be destroyed_NR2
ATG_008 thats our warning
aVB_009 stickshift
aVB_019 for lot less money
BI_156 youre free to go
BI_366 groan_loud
CS_060 Tom is not dead
PT_014b beat it before I lose my temper

SFX:
AS_199 full stop sfx
ATG_018 futuristic machine

Music:
aCH_007 music hit
AS_001a martial music_to loop
GA_026 chorus line music end_part1

Mixed (combining at least 2 types):
BI_444 car leaving cue - music and sfx
PT_043 hey help stop that guy_sequence - speech and sfx

This woman will be in the MC 02 pack and she's thrilled about it:

Do you have a release date in mind?
My music is a fusion of jazz and funk. It's called "Junk"

Hi tropicalontour,

If everything goes as planned, it will be available during the next week.

I'm done with finalizing the samples, the pack contains 3 315 samples for a size 1.33 GB :!:

In fact many more can be created by simply further splitting them, I did split myself quite a few but often, especially with the documentaries (1 108 samples), I've kept the interesting samples complete in order to both keep their natural flow and save some bandwith. Also within these longer sentences/samples, there are many interesting bits and I think that it's best to let users decide the ones they want as they may not be the same for everyone or for every project.

It's very likely that I will release it in a day or two. Have to prepare the downloads, documentation and some more demo samples.

zvon wrote:I'm done with finalizing the samples, the pack contains 3 315 samples for a size 1.33 GB :!:

In fact many more can be created by simply further splitting them, I did split myself quite a few but often, especially with the documentaries (1 108 samples), I've kept the interesting samples complete in order to both keep their natural flow and save some bandwith. Also within these longer sentences/samples, there are many interesting bits and I think that it's best to let users decide the ones they want as they may not be the same for everyone or for every project.

It's very likely that I will release it in a day or two. Have to prepare the downloads, documentation and some more demo samples.
Sounds like you're on track.
My music is a fusion of jazz and funk. It's called "Junk"

The Memory Collection sample pack 02 is finally available :)

3 313 samples for a size of 1.32 GB. Source videos are 36 TV ads, 7 feature movies, 19 documentaries and 6 short films. Many of the documentaries are from and about the early days of radio and television.

See first post for more info.

Awesome, I'll pick it up for sure!

Glad that you like it!
Thanks for your support.

Two more screen captures from 2 of the documentaries:

Would it be possible to use these samples in commercial projects?

lotus2035 wrote:Would it be possible to use these samples in commercial projects?
Yes.

I've begun to work on the Mini MC2. Like the Mini MC1, I'm making it to demonstrate one of the possible use of the Memory Collection samples.

One way to use them is to take more or less the longer samples as they are and include them in an original track. Another way is to split the longer samples or extract shorter samples from them and create you own kits/sampler programs. That's what I will do for the Mini MC2. I will use sfx, spoken word and music samples for this demonstration kit.

December 15, added the Mini MC2 kit 02 and 03 for Native Instruments Battery 3 and Kontakt 4.
The Mini MC2 kits contain 144 samples from the demo and the full MC Pack 02. I have trimmed some of the longer samples to create the kit. A benefit of shorter samples is adding flexibility to their use.

Download them from this page:
http://lesproductionszvon.com/Memory_Collection.htm

I will release at least 2 other similar kits using samples from the full version.

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”