Anyone tried V-Control Pro? (DAW controller for iPad)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This looks really good I must say, something I've been wanting since I got an iPad. http://www.neyrinck.com/en/products/v-control-pro

It's pretty expensive for an iOS app though, $49.99, but if it does everything it says it does, it's really not much. I'm especially interested in using it with Cubase, which is a new feature. So, anyone tried this?

bump, no-one?

Yes, I use it with Cubase 6 on Windows 7 32 bit. The transport, faders, send, meters, adding markers etc work very well. I can arm tracks from my vocal booth. It has replaced my Frontier Tranzport. The only "issues" that I have encountered are that when editing the inserts and EQ the virtual rotary controls are not smooth and it is difficult to edit them with any precision. In practice. I only need to arm and monitor tracks. IT is worth the $50.00 asking price given what it can do. It looks like the Logic and ProTools implementations are little more extensive than with Cubase.

Scotty wrote:Yes, I use it with Cubase 6 on Windows 7 32 bit. The transport, faders, send, meters, adding markers etc work very well. I can arm tracks from my vocal booth. It has replaced my Frontier Tranzport. The only "issues" that I have encountered are that when editing the inserts and EQ the virtual rotary controls are not smooth and it is difficult to edit them with any precision. In practice. I only need to arm and monitor tracks. IT is worth the $50.00 asking price given what it can do. It looks like the Logic and ProTools implementations are little more extensive than with Cubase.

Great, thanks. Will be Cubase 6 on Win 7 64 bit for me, but hopefully it'll work. I'll mostly use it for faders and remote control but looking to change my workflow with it possibly. How does scrub and jog work, do you use that, and does track names show up correctly on the iPad? Does it seem to get updates and bugfixes? Any other thoughts and views on how it works for mixing and workflow is appreciated.

Scrubbing works very well. Track names appear but are abbreviated. I bought it with the last revision so I can't comment on frequency of updates. You could mix on it for sure.

olja wrote:
Scotty wrote:Yes, I use it with Cubase 6 on Windows 7 32 bit. The transport, faders, send, meters, adding markers etc work very well. I can arm tracks from my vocal booth. It has replaced my Frontier Tranzport. The only "issues" that I have encountered are that when editing the inserts and EQ the virtual rotary controls are not smooth and it is difficult to edit them with any precision. In practice. I only need to arm and monitor tracks. IT is worth the $50.00 asking price given what it can do. It looks like the Logic and ProTools implementations are little more extensive than with Cubase.

Great, thanks. Will be Cubase 6 on Win 7 64 bit for me, but hopefully it'll work. I'll mostly use it for faders and remote control but looking to change my workflow with it possibly. How does scrub and jog work, do you use that, and does track names show up correctly on the iPad? Does it seem to get updates and bugfixes? Any other thoughts and views on how it works for mixing and workflow is appreciated.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”