Having fun with vroom!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://soundcloud.com/elanhickler/cant- ... the-reverb

Having fun with reverb, can't decide what settings to stick with, I like them all!

Analog Modular Synthesizer
MicroTonic
Valhalla Room

This really shows off vroom, so please give a listen!

Great :tu:
I love long modulated halls but what really impresses me are the small rooms which VRoom is capable of :)

Cheers
dennis

Something like this for example: http://www.bronto-scorpio-music.com/Mus ... lVRoom.mp3

The first 20 secs are dry :)
I love it :love:

Cheers
Dennis

Ah, yes that's small, that one pop reveals the size. Need more pops! What is that sound anyway?

Architeuthis wrote:Ah, yes that's small, that one pop reveals the size. Need more pops! What is that sound anyway?
The sound is just a test of Reaktor ensemble I'm working on :)

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Architeuthis wrote:Ah, yes that's small, that one pop reveals the size. Need more pops! What is that sound anyway?
Feel free to go into more details about that Reaktor ensemble. That sounds NICE.

And the pop shows off one of the sounds I am most proud about with VRoom: short room sounds, without getting metallic. I had a snare sample that kicked my ass during the development process, that would make pretty much any reverb sound metallic. So I put a lot of work into the Early section, to create a way of making dense early reflections without the artifacts associated with the allpass delays used by most algorithmic reverbs. A few of the algorithms (Large Room, Large Chamber, Dark Chamber, Dark Space) are totally allpass free, and are probably the best bets for short drum rooms.

Sean Costello

Architeuthis wrote:http://soundcloud.com/elanhickler/cant- ... the-reverb

Having fun with reverb, can't decide what settings to stick with, I like them all!

Analog Modular Synthesizer
MicroTonic
Valhalla Room
I like. It's a bouncy little riff you got going there.

What sort of modular do you have? I'm going to get a small Eurorack system once ValhallaÜberMod is released. Looking for recommendations. And is all the percussion MicroTonic?

The short decay sounds are really nice. You also figured out the fake "reverse" sound, that happens when you quickly change the DECAY time from a really long setting (like 30 seconds) to a really short setting. That is one of my favorite VRoom artifacts.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:once ValhallaÜberMod is released.
ValhallaÜberMod ?! What's that going to be :o

Nielzie wrote:
The next plugin. :hihi:

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Feel free to go into more details about that Reaktor ensemble. That sounds NICE.

And the pop shows off one of the sounds I am most proud about with VRoom: short room sounds, without getting metallic. I had a snare sample that kicked my ass during the development process, that would make pretty much any reverb sound metallic. So I put a lot of work into the Early section, to create a way of making dense early reflections without the artifacts associated with the allpass delays used by most algorithmic reverbs. A few of the algorithms (Large Room, Large Chamber, Dark Chamber, Dark Space) are totally allpass free, and are probably the best bets for short drum rooms.

Sean Costello

The ensemble is inspired by this: http://www.gleetchplug.com/Gleetchplug/berna.html

But with some more unique modules. In this case some pseudo random triggers (generated by this thingy: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4637655) trigger the read and write actions of a granular delay.
Some crazy stuff :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

valhallasound wrote:
Nielzie wrote:

Sean Costello
Can I already preorder? :D

Nielzie wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Nielzie wrote:

Sean Costello
Can I already preorder? :D
I don't anticipate my inventory running out for several weeks after the initial release. :hihi:

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:What sort of modular do you have?
DIY panels, I buy circuit boards from a few sources, some stuffed, some not. I'd love to hook you up with someone who could build you some of the nice DIY stuff for eurorack (you live in Europe, right?), but it's usually made with large-format panels.
valhallasound wrote:I'm going to get a small Eurorack system once ValhallaÜberMod is released. Looking for recommendations.
Gonna send you an e-mail.
valhallasound wrote:And is all the percussion MicroTonic?
Yes!

Architeuthis wrote:
valhallasound wrote:What sort of modular do you have?
DIY panels, I buy circuit boards from a few sources, some stuffed, some not.
Interesting. I still have a few boxes of circuits and boards from when I was going to build a DIY synth (around 1996 or so, before I discovered that I am good at DSP programming and suck at soldering). CEM & SSM chips, ASM-1 board, that sort of thing.
I'd love to hook you up with someone who could build you some of the nice DIY stuff for eurorack (you live in Europe, right?)
Northwest United States, actually. The Nordic references all came from when I lived in a neighborhood in Seattle (Ballard) that was predominantly Scandinavian at the time.

Where do you find the panels? It seems like the power supply stuff has been standardized since I last worked with this stuff, so I might try my hand at a few DIY designs. Once I get a few more plugins out the door, that is - programming those beasts takes a LONG time.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”