A (buggy) sound example from the next Valhalla plugin

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or, why changing a number from the range (0.0-1.0) to (0%-100%) needs to be taken into account in one's code:

http://soundcloud.com/seancostello/valhallabug-1

I'm gonna fix it, but include the busted version as a mode in the next plugin.

Sean Costello

HAHA - I just listened to the demo - sounds like cats on LSD trying to perform country music :)
The end reveals a hybrid delay-chorus-sort-of-plug-in ?

Sampleconstruct wrote:HAHA - I just listened to the demo - sounds like cats on LSD trying to perform country music :)
The end reveals a hybrid delay-chorus-sort-of-plug-in ?
At least you have a name for the plugin now "ValhallaCatsOnLSDTryingToPerformCountryMusic" :hihi:

Sounds like a really nice chorus/ensemble thing. Ha! My first guess was right :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote: Sounds like a really nice chorus/ensemble thing. Ha! My first guess was right
Toss the ability to get tempo synced delays, and up to 32 taps, and you WOULD have been right.

But things just changed.

This bug is leading me to some crazy new sounds. Especially on drums.

Instead of being a single mode, the over-modulation is going to be available in all modes. Probably as toggle buttons (1x/10x/100x).

More details to follow. I've got some coding to do!

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote: Instead of being a single mode, the over-modulation is going to be available in all modes. Probably as toggle buttons (1x/10x/100x).
I went for the simplest solution, which was to add an OVERMOD knob.

Sean Costello

<--- Intrigued.

Go Sean go! We're all quite intrigued.

Borealis

Wonderful! :hihi:
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

sounds very cool Sean :)
Any other teasers??
Got a name yet? ValhallaShiver ?
:shock:

dimme3 wrote:sounds very cool Sean :)
Any other teasers??
Got a name yet? ValhallaShiver ?
:shock:
That reminds me of that early David Cronenberg film, "Shivers." Which was pretty darned creepy. Most of the sounds out of the plugin will be pretty. I'll work on more sounds in the next few days - I've got some coding to do.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”