Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

lulukom wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:26 pmCrash .
This is crashing in the Arturia.Analog-Lab-V.vst3 thread, so I don't think this is a RapidComposer bug. In addition they call OpenGL functions not from the main thread, which is not a good idea.

Code: Select all

Thread 32 Crashed:: Pool
0   libsystem_platform.dylib      	0x00007fff74ae3470 _platform_memmove$VARIANT$Nehalem + 112
1   libGLImage.dylib              	0x00007fff56151b45 glgCopyRowsWithMemCopy(GLGOperationRec const*, unsigned long, GLDPixelModeRec const*) + 104
2   libGLImage.dylib              	0x00007fff56150d53 glgProcessPixelsWithProcessor + 2307
3   GLEngine                      	0x00007fff56df6f73 gleTextureImagePut + 1129
4   GLEngine                      	0x00007fff56cd1eb4 glTexImage2D_Exec + 1511
5   libGL.dylib                   	0x00007fff5614063f glTexImage2D + 59
6   com.Arturia.Analog-Lab-V.vst3 	0x000000012221cbe4 0x120803000 + 27368420
7   com.Arturia.Analog-Lab-V.vst3 	0x000000012221d2dc 0x120803000 + 27370204
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi.

My tracks and Ghost phrases do not take the applied variations of the tracks or parent phrase. This happens randomly and I dont know what specifically sparks it. It is common however.
See the attached photo....The applied variation of Add Interval on the "Support Ch 4" track is applied to the entire track, however, only the first phrase takes it, the remaining Ghost tracks remain unchanged.

This happens also when generating a new phrase on a parent, generator phrase. The Ghost notes would remain the same but the parent phrase will change. Please help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Jrmuzik,

thank you for reporting this bug! I have fixed this today, and the fix will be included in the next beta version (and in v5.1 some time in January). If you'd like, I can send you an update now, just let me know.
The problem was only with the melody generators, which were handled slightly differently from other phrases.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila,

Mac OS Sonoma, Apple M2 silicon, Retina display. Every so often using the browser I start to get multiple selections each time I click on another phrase. It's almost impossible to clear it back to a single selection.

After this I notice that clicking on the track solo/mute buttons has no effect and in the phrase editor I only have the pen tool accessible and not the select.

The only way to make RC go back to normal is to close the project (Bitwig) and re-open it from the beginning again. It will work for a while but then gets stuck again.

I don't have cap lock on or anything like that.

RC 5.08 remains running in Task Manager.
This has happened a few times before but today I decided to post about this. Using Windows 10 Home, I started RC 5.08 and added a track for EZKeys 2, HALion Sonic 7, and RealRick guitar. I was messing around with various phrases and a chord progression. I saved my work when I was happy with the results. RC had appeared to close but I could still play a piano sound on my Korg Nautilus which had the volume off at 0 as I am using it to play the VST's in RC. I opened Windows Task Manager and I see RC is still active and running so I had to end task.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone else can repro this, please let me know. Like I say, it has happened before but I don't think it happens all the time.
So I just restarted RC and the composition I had just saved is not in my recent compositions and I had to manually open it. RC actually opened the previous composition I was using.

This appears to be reproducible for me. I open the project, play it in a loop for a few cycles, stop play, save, wait for the message to disappear, save the composition, close RC with X at top right of RC window. RC remains running in Task Manager and I have to end task.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello AxBC,

thanks for reporting this bug! This is fixed already in the beta versions, and I expect v5.1 will be available on Monday (January 15) with the fix for this problem.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:19 pm
lovemusic15 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 pm Hi Attila,

Just saw the maintenance update no sign of the rest feature yet will that be coming this week ? :tu:
I want to finish the AI assistant which is very close now. Then comes the rest feature, so it's not forgotten...

Thanks,
Attila
Will this be in the beta on Monday as well ?

The chord selector not working correctly. After trying to generate an AI progression from the timeline across the length of the line, which does not generate anything, no matter the temperature setting, I tried using the chord selector.

First thing I noticed, it is not using the selected scale. If I change to the correct scale, leave and come back, it jumps back to the wrong scale. This is using the circle of fifths tab for the master track.

Then it does not draw the dialog correctly..

When I use loopItMIDI, RapidComposer fails to set some of its channels as default (the red error message appears). Seems, it fails on the ones which is already used on a track.

Moreover, when I save a project and open it again, RapidComposer fails to send MIDI Clock to any selected channel on the tracks, so DAW (Bitwig) cannot sync the song tempo.

If I delete all the tracks in the project and create a new track with the same loopItMIDI's channel, RapidComposer sends MIDI Clock again.

In v4 all this worked.

RapidComposer runs as a standalone app.

RapidComposer shows wrong relative labels (indices and distances from the root) on the chord notes when a phrase is in Lock to Scale mode. It numbers notes from the workspace lowest one, but, actually, it may not be the first tone of the chord. They should be labeled in the same way as when one edits the master track voicing.

RapidComposer v5 just crashes to desktop without any message at the moment when MUX VST is chosen for a track. In v4, it worked.

Greetings. Picked up RapidComposer a week ago and am all in. Thank you so much to the developers, staff, and to the community for all the harmonious efforts. There was much to learn but it's all quite intuitive and ingenious.

Important bug: DAW tempo changes don't sync with RC's tempo and can actually move backwards with linear, down ramps. Possible to get an option to sync tempo every frame? (RC 5.1.4/Reaper 7/Windows 10).

Little-important bug: The Browser, 'Scales' one-click preview only plays ivories, so major is fine but the rest double up improperly (standalone and plug-in).

What a brilliant thing we all get to have here.

Hope to contribute well. Great works!

Update: Sorry, didn't mean to suggest what was important and also realized that tempo is tied to generation, so it mustn't be simple for linear tempo changes from the DAW.

Would it be at all possible to include a high-resolution tempo envelope? The digital tempo of today's music needs to be set free.
Last edited by Mezz0 on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Problem updating to RC 5.2.0 — In RC, getting an error message when clicking Check For Updates that says "Error connecting to server" - When will this be fixed

In the meantime, should I just download the demo from Music Developments website?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”